1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Hair length

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, Apr 24, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The options are:

Nearly nonexistent
    Very short
    Short
    Medium
    Shoulder-long
    Very long

Unofortunately, there's no "results only" option.

When it comes to the gender you go for, you just have to decide. When it asks you about the gender you go for as if you didn't go for that gender (and vice versa), just let your imagination loose. Just imagine you go/don't go for that gender, or think about persons of the gender that shouldn't really be objects of attraction (priests, nuns, family, bosses, persons under your charge and so on). For example, you go for long-haired men but you believe that royals, politicians, TV journalists etc of male gender should actually have their hair at a more conservative length. Or you go for short-haired women but you think women generally had better have their hair longer than that.

[ April 24, 2004, 17:55: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 4 question(s). 56 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Hair length (56 votes.)

I go for women and women should have their hair: (Choose 1)
    * Nearly nonexistent - 2% (1)
    * Very short - 4% (2)
    * Short - 2% (1)
    * Medium - 9% (5)
    * Shoulder-long - 50% (28)
    * Very long - 34% (19)

I go for men and men should have their hair: (Choose 1)
    * Nearly nonexistent - 13% (7)
    * Very short - 5% (3)
    * Short - 45% (25)
    * Medium - 14% (8)
    * Shoulder-long - 13% (7)
    * Very long - 11% (6)

I don't go for women and women should have their hair: (Choose 1)
    * Nearly nonexistent - 18% (10)
    * Very short - 5% (3)
    * Short - 4% (2)
    * Medium - 13% (7)
    * Shoulder-long - 34% (19)
    * Very long - 27% (15)

I don't go for men and men should have their hair: (Choose 1)
    * Nearly nonexistent - 7% (4)
    * Very short - 7% (4)
    * Short - 43% (24)
    * Medium - 16% (9)
    * Shoulder-long - 7% (4)
    * Very long - 20% (11)

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Sorry I don't think I really understood the question... (mainly because I'm bad in english) Anyway I just voted in every field. I go for women/men? Does that mean your attraction toward one or other?

Anyway I favour long hairs (shoulder long and longer) for everyone and gender shouldn't be a factor. I have shoulder long hair btw.

edit: I feel so stupid now, why can't I be completely fluent in english?!

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] chev, are you still drunk? :p

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Fairly odd. Why have 4 questions? Just ask people to say what they prefer for each gender. Anyway, fairly amusing.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That should be 'Fairly Amazing'. Chev, get out of my hidden booze stock now!

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    There is a reason in everything. I wanted a different answer for each gender in both circumstances - whether sexual attraction is in question or not. That gives four answers together. Sorry if that's trouble for you and well, you don't have to vote. It's not like I desperately need it for anything important.

7. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Women I go for: shoulder, since that's kinda formal and longer might indicate they're superficial.

Men i would go for: I think I'd go for very long, don't ask why. :roll:

Women I don't go for: same as women I go for, for the sake of friendship as opposed to relationship.

Men I don't go for: Very long headbangable hair! Heavy Metal, yeah! :bang: (insert "real" headbanger smiley here)

8. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Women I go for- (very) long hair....maybe there should have been an option between very long and shoulder length? Regardless, when I say "very long" I mean a few inches longer than shoulder length.
    Women I don't go for- Shoulder length. Meh, just 'cause this is what most of my friends have.

Men- always short hair. Long hair may look good on some guys, but in general I think guys should stick to short hair. Especially since I know so many guys with long hair, and several of them look like absolute fools.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Every woman that I have ever dated or been attracted to has her hair at shoulder length or barely past it (as in, she hasn't had a haircut in a little while). I guess that tends to look somewhat more professional or something.

I tend to have the most respect for men with hair cut conservatively. I.E. Not shaved or near shaved, but with a full covering of hair and not long.

For women that I wouldn't be interested in: All but one of my friends has the shoulder length hair. I can't really place judgement there.

10. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I vaguly remember a topic like this, but girls shoulder length guys very short.

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Okay, now I think I get it.

Women: Shoulder length (or somewhere in the neck if properly styled)

Men: Ummh... Well, when I first met Faragon, he had long hair. I liked it. A few weeks later in was nearly nonexistent. I liked it. Now it's a bit longer again and I like it. Perhaps I like any length. Or perhaps I just like Faragon. :love: :shake: :sick:

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I have a weakness for long haired guys, but the hair does have to be well tended...

13. Cespypoo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Stefanina - I have long hair ;) Bwahaha

Nah i like long hair on girls. And i mean RAELLY long. I cant stand short hair in girls... i prefer females to look really feminine.

A long haired brunette. Mmmmmmmmm :p

14. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I'm trying to grow mine until i can use them as a blanket and a pillow at the same time. Might take a while ;)

Anyway, i prefer long, no matter what sex.

15. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    LOL... the plane ticket to visit you would be a bit expensive for me... besides, I'm not a brunette... ;)

16. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hmm, I prefer long hair for both females and males. Short hair is boring and very... not-sexy. You gotta have something to cling onto... ;)
    And you can also hide behind long hair...very good...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.