1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Joke for Darkwolf

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rallymama, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Take this in the spirit it's meant, Buddy :roll:

Have you heard of the NO-CARB Diet for 2004?

NO C-heney
    NO A-shcroft
    NO R-umsfeld
    NO B-ush

and "Absolutely NO RICE!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Don't get it, but I guess he understands it.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Virne, the No-Carb diet is one of the latest North American diet fads to "help" us lose weight.

Diets are used (almost fanatically) by North Americans as a substitute for actually eating properly and getting a reasonable amount of exercise. And when they don't work, we sue McDonald's for forcing us to eat their fatty foods.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

*Thinks*

Yes, I'm pretty sure there is some joke behind this. :hmm: No Cheney, no Rumsfeld, no Bush... What would RICE then be...? Does this mean he should participate less in AoDA, or does it actually mean he should lose some weight? What diet has to do with Bush and the rest of the happy party, or does she mean that THEY should lose weight?

(Splunge, I know; I just -still- don't get it what is supposed to be so funny it that.)

5. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Nicely said, Splunge

It means that in the spirit of the no-carb diet Americans take, (getting rid of foods with large amounts of carbohydrates) the best "diet" is getting rid of Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, and Rumsfeld

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Don't worry Virne I didn't get it either, (
    However I think it is because I'm not 100% english fluent :p )

Anyway I'm north american (AFAIK Canada is in North america) and I lost weight by eating better and doing excercises, does that mean I'm not normal?

7. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

No, it means you're smart. Most of the people here are always looking for the "easy" way to do things. More power to you if you lose weight that way, instead of fad diets. Then again, there are people like me. Because of my metabolism, i can eat all i want, never exercise, and never gain much weight.

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If anybody didn't get the rice thing, it's because rice has lots of carbohydrate. So a no carb diet wouldn't include rice, hence the pun with condoleza rice. (not sure how you spell her name) :)

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, I didn't get it either.....are all those political guys on the Atkins Diet or something?

10. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

No, what is being said is we could do without cheney, ashcroft, rumsfeld, and bush. the first letters of their names just happens to be C-A-R-B.

11. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Wow... just... wow.

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] But I really Like Rice :) ! You don't get fat from rice do you?

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If you are on a no carb diet, and eat rice, you are going to start putting weight on. soz

14. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31

To follow the advice of my ballet teacher:

A simple way to lose weight: stop stuffing your face.

Dunno, works for me :shake: ...

15. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I agree with Fallyboy here...wow

16. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Rally,

:lol: Nothing wrong with a good joke! I think I have people punchy around here. :o :p

I am sorry that the humor is lost on some of those not as obsessed with dieting as we Americans are. Of course, we need to be more obsessed with it.

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

So you're fat with Bushes, Cheneys, Ashcrofts, and Rumsfeld's? That's what you get when you flush the voting-ticket in the wrong end before voting; they're not digestives you know.

What?! Don't look me like that! :confused:

18. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Virne,

ROTFL, I think something is lost in the translation, but I am pretty sure I got the message. :eek: :hahaerr: :lol:

19. Register Gems: 29/31

Great joke, going to send that one to my American goverment friendly politics teacher. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.