1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #21

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

It occurs to me that by creating The Sensorium, Tal has basically removed about half of the stuff that would ordinarily go in Whatnots. First there was the Alley, then this...

Perhaps he's trying to make whatnots posts nothing but insanity for some nefarious scheme!

Or not. ;)

2. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In that case some more insanity:

I have gone back to my dance class today, we are now practicing the Nutcracker which is one of my favorites alongside Don Quixote, so I don't feel too much out of place.

Actually, I feel kindoff like a butterfly... :roll:

By the way, a question most of you won't juge as the sanest but still: what are .lbs, pounds, oz and stone compared to kgs? (I checked out a diet plan on the net but it was all in .lbs)
    More concretely does anybody know what my weight is in these meisurements? (I weight 47kgs)

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    1 lb = 0.454 kg

1 stone = 14lb

1 oz = 16 grams

Your weight would be 92.5 lbs.

However, I'm not sure if lb is always the same. British lb is 0.454 kg, perhaps American lb is different? I've seen 1 lb = 0.42 kg somewhere, too. Damn those barbarian measures! :shake:

4. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I've always been taught that 1kg=2.2lbs. And by that scale, the good Lady would weigh 103.4lbs.
    Strangely enough though, when I divide 47 by .454, I get 103.5. Is your calculator working properly there chev? :hmm:

And Lady, good on ya for going back to those (ruthless) dance classes!

5. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I just bought a Gameboy Advance SP today...woo hoo!

On the other hand...I'm now officially broke... :flaming: :flaming:

6. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I just had my hair cut

The last time I had my haircut was 23rd November 2002

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

www.onlineconversion.com is your friend!

I used to like fudge. Now it is horrible. Foul. Yuk!! Ugh!!! UGGGGHHHHHHHH!

It's exam stress that's what it is! Exams make flavoured fudge foul. Is there a possibility of unflavoured fudge???

8. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Thanx to Lazy Bonzo, it is now established that there are three different kinds of pounds (woohoo) :D

According to the first pound : the 92.5lb version would make me a 42kg person (I wish...)

According to the Troyan pound, 92.5lb = 34.5kg (now that's going a 'lil bit too far)

Lastly, the Metric Pound states 92.5lb = 46.25kg

Well, the metric one is close enough... ;)
    Let's start a new Whatnots thread and call it : "What's your weight like in all the different units?" :grin: :grin:

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm back from Italy and for some strange reason my mom has decided to be the ultimate *****...aah, fine by me, I'm used to it by now.

10. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

LL -- That's probably already been done.

I hate housework! Damn dust....

11. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

That exam went...alright. A bunch of the translations were pretty tough, but on the whole I think I managed to get something above 70% (which was my goal, even though I'm averaging something like 85 in the course, I had a feeling this exam would be tough).

Next exam: History 9am Monday. Two days to study? Yeah right... :rolleyes:

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

@ Rotku

Its all good :)

I just visit from time to time when time can spare my privilidged existence :angel:

Today, I'm not so bad. I wrote a song which has a solo for the intro (obviously with rythem backing it up)

13. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Sens and Leafs tonight...I'm thinking another big win by the Sens... :grin: :D

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well I went and bought KoTOR today because everyone seems to think that it's a pretty good game. I hope that I'm going to like it.

15. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Damn! Sens lost, 2-0. Stupid Belfour.

[ April 17, 2004, 05:54: Message edited by: Faerus Stoneslammer ]

16. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

History, eh?
    What's the exam on specifically? I have some great sites that have good outlines for studying, helped me get an A on my semester exam.

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I know a seven year old boy who's name is Malice. To me that seems like a very strange choice to name a person. I've met his mother but she's not a friend so I've never asked her the reason she chose that name. I wonder if his name will in some way mold his life.

18. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I don't know but I bet there are a bunch of girls out there called charity who are mean spirited. Depends how much an influence someone who'll name their kid malice has.

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I consistently refuse to have anything to do with persons who make decisions affecting other people's lives on their own whim and in such a fashion as to suit their current fancy.

But perhaps there's another meaning in some language?

20. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

@Rednik - It's supposedly based on the period between the "fall of the Mongol Empire" to 1945; and the focus is supposed to be on the ENTIRE world. My prof, in all her wisdom, narrowed it down a tad. Unfortunately, she did her narrowing down in such a random way that the course is tough to summarize.

I know most of the material though, so I'm not worried about studying for it. What I haven't done yet, is read some of the books that I'm gonna need to know for the exam...meh, still got a day-and-a-half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.