1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any LoTR fans out there, or someone who is crazy making bg2 stuff?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Puuter, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Puuter Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Im making a LoTR party and i would need:

1. Portraits of the characters Frodo, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn.
    2. Sounds sets of the the characters would also be really nice, if anyone would accidentaly have some sounds similar to LoTR.
    3. And would anyone have a costume fit that would make gandalf look like he did in the book, big blue/grey hat, long blue/grey/white cape.

Im not demanding anything, i just wondered if anyone would have any of theese stuff?

[This message has been edited by Puuter (edited October 01, 2001).]

2. Silverblade Guest

first, type anyone like this and not any1, because typed like any1 is anoing.

second, doesn't Gnadalf wear white and grey instead of blue?

third, if have some portraits I promised to send to Tal (like mentioned here http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003805.html )but I'm having great difficulties attaching them to an e-mail and I don't know if I'm capable sending them in at all.

[This message has been edited by Silverblade (edited October 01, 2001).]

3. Puuter Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok sry, il use "anyone" now on. Hey silverblade, u wouldnt have time to send those portraits to me with icq, for example?

4. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Hehe, missed the larger point altogether didn't you....

Kitiara (sp) has a nice page of portraits, you can follow the links from this site and get all your needs met....well, at least all your portrait needs. You'll have to figure out some other way to get your grammer problems fixed.

5. Silverblade Guest

Well, of course you could look there and search for some portraits who you think fit by the characters(Kitiara has some really nice portraits), but I made some portraits from the movie, but they ain't much use if I can't mail them. I can't send them to you by ICQ, because and don't have ICQ.

I'll try sending them to Tal, maybe it does work some time. Maybe it is because I zipped them all. Well, I keep trying, maybe one day (and I hope very soon) Tal will receive them in his inbox and he can put them on the site.

6. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I simply couldn't resist:

Poking and prodding the pokers and prodders, it will be wonderful when teachers
    can, at the very least, spell words like "annoying" (realizing there's a chance you're
    doing that as example, though with the misspelling of "Gandalf" and misplacement of
    "of," after "capable," I suspect not) and "grammar" correctly, and even, on
    occasion, use them correctly: One may have problems with grammar, or even
    grammatical problems, but never "grammer problems." Well, unless your speaking of Kelsey Grammer, and that's the proper, capitalized title of an issue at large -- though, by all accounts, he's stopped drinking . . . . ;)

The run-on sentence can be excused, as punctuation is often optional in this sort of forum.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hmm Gandalf can be a problem. You can choose a main and a minor colour but not give the Hat a special color. To answer Silverblade, Gandalf always wears a Blue hat. His cloak was Grey for long time, but after Sarumans death he became Gandalf the white, so gis cloak became white.

This is what they should be:

Frodo -----> Thief
    Boromir ---> Fighter
    Legolas ---> Archer (ranger kit)
    Gimli -----> Fighter
    Aragorn ---> Ranger or Cleric/Ranger
    Gandalf ---> Mage or Cleric/Mage

Baromir can have two handed sword, Aragorn Long Sword (but no shield!), Gimli an Axe, Legolas a long bow. There should also be some healing, so you can make Aragorn a cleric ranger or Gandalf a Cleric Mage, or Fighter/Mage. Gandalf should have very high wisdom and intelligence.

Good luck!

8. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

As well as that, we should have
    Sam - MC Fighter/Thief
    Merry, Pippin - Fighter
    (OK, I know we only need 6, but this is for completion's sake :))

Although both Aragorn and Gandalf do healing, I don't think they should be clerics. Aragorn has limited healing skill of himself, but performs his great feats with Athelas - he's just got the knowledge of how to use it, and the "divine right" to gain its most beneficial effects. Gandalf also uses things like the Miruvor of Rivendell; when he heals Theoden, to me that is a removal of a domination spell (from Saruman, a mage, working through Wormtongue), thus it could be a high level Dispel Magic (or even Domination from a friendly power), both of which are accessible to mages.

[This message has been edited by Maldir (edited October 03, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.