1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New non-sequel "Incredible Hulk" movie?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Death Rabbit, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Was I the only person that liked the Ang Lee movie? I thought it was pretty impressive and innovative. I'll miss Jennifer Connolly too!

3. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I didn't like the other "Hulk" movie. It still pains me to remember that I paid money to see it.

Oh well. This does look like Marvel Comics trying to redeem itself from the first movie. And I'll admit it does sound pretty sweet from what I just read about it.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Personally I think that the Ang Lee film was solidly in the mediocre category. If they had cut out the lame Absorbing Man portion and the mutated dogs and stuck to having the action portion of the film to be the Hulk slugging it out with the army it would have been a much better film.

As far as the new film goes, if they can pull off a good Hulk vs Abomination fight then I will be a happy camper. :)

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I like Lee's version. I still say that it's one of the few real good comic movies. And that's because it has more of a story than the others.

The mutated dogs are stupid, though.

6. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think Ang Lee's Hulk was well done. It has good character build-up, good cinematography, good story line, a unique introduction of window-like scenes, even the acting were not bad at all. The effects of the creatures (Hulk and the dogs) where not that good though. It may not be the best but it certainly does not deserve to be called crap. Personally, it was way better than Ghost Rider or The Punisher.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I don't know about that - The Punisher has go to be one of the funniest and most entertaining comic book adaptation I have ever watched. The acting is so completely hammy (particularly Dolph Lundgren and Jeroen Krabbe's) and the the level of corniness that is achieved in the dialogue is a wonder to behold. Oh and don't get me started on the absurdity of the Punisher's wino ex-thespian sidekick.

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

JSBB, there is a newer version of The Punisher. It was horrifying.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Bah, the Thomas Jane version doesn't count. I didn't find it horrifying, it was too generic, dull and boring to generate any strong emotional response.

Plus, even with both of his hands tied behind his back, Lundgren could kick Jane's ass. :p

[ August 29, 2007, 18:21: Message edited by: JSBB ]

10. nior Gems: 24/31

I was referring to Thomas Jane's Punisher. Although it didn't really make any difference if it was Jane or Lundgren's. Lee's Hulk is still better than either one.

:grin:

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It was better than either Punisher, you're right. But that's like saying the clap is better than herpes or crabs. :shake:

12. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My biggest issue with the "new" Hulk is that they succeeded in making him look cute, despite the fact he's bigger and more muscular than the "old" movie one. But I do like the jumping around, the framed comicstyle camera shooting and the destructive power of the new hulk (movie).

13. nior Gems: 24/31

Ouch! :D

But looking at the cast line-up and director of this new Hulk does give a great impression that it's gonna be a hit. Although I think I like Jennifer Connelly better than Liv Tyler. But we'll see. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.