1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Songs You're Embarrassed To Admit You Like

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Splunge, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This thread is for those songs that you like, despite all you hold dear and true musically. So Undertaker or BOC as a Carpenters' fan, or dmc with his favorite death metal song - this is for you! Explanations (aka excuses :p ) are welcome.

Recently for me:
    Grace Kelly by Mika - catchy chorus, but it was very annoying the first time I heard it.

Older:
    I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis - this represents everything I hate in a song. And yet, I can't help liking it. I have no idea why.

Your turn...

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mika is wicked.

For me it's Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes. I really shouldn't like it, but it's cool.

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Sussudio by Phil Collins, Horrible 80's drum and bass efect, but otherwise catchy song.

Cry Me A River, Rock Your Body and SexyBack by Justin Timberlake, normally, I hate pop music, but this guy has that 'something'. He's good.

4. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I hate that Mika guy.

For me, its probably any music from GoGol Bordello. I like the music but I have this thing against punk rock and have always been wary of gypsies.

[ April 23, 2007, 03:30: Message edited by: TrueBlueAussie ]

5. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Love hurts by Nazareth - what can I say, a karaoke favorite.

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Girlfriend-Avril Lavigne

Not sure why I enjoy it. Probably because it's the ultimate of pop punk.

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I like a bunch of The Bangles, which is OK.

I like stuff by Diana Ross and the Supremes, that's not so bad.

The big one... I like Still Loving You by The Scorpions WAY too much.

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Kelly Clarkson's 'Behind Those Hazel Eyes' and 'Since You Been Gone'

They're awful songs, yet I love them. :bad:

Ditto for Korn.

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I also Like Still loving you by the scorpions. Not waaaaay too much though. :p For me It would be Aqua. Not Barbie Girl, but doctor Jones, My oh My...

10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Mary Had A Little Lamb and Row, Row, Row Your Boat.

11. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

A few of those Spice Girls songs O.o Man I really hated them -but their songs were too catchy.. -_-''

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I really, deeply apologise to everyone for this one - Forever Young by Youth Group. I'm not sure how big it got in other countries, but in Australia it was huge for months and months on end and everyone came to hate it due to how much they had to listen to it.

I, however, totally missed the hype. We had a school talent show where one of my friends sang it and got everyone else to sing along. I was all 'WTF? What is this song?' Not paying attention to pop culture is very handy sometimes though.

So, I heard it a few more times and started getting the feeling that hmm, maybe this wasn't the vacuous pop song that everyone was treating it as. I tried to catch the lyrics in between the lyrically uninspiring chorus.

Well, turns out that the song is a cover of an 80s song and is very apocalyptic and Cold War ish. This version managed to get that across even better than the original, IMO.

It's not a song that I could listen to on continuous repeat (it's musically simple and would wear off pretty fast), but if I ever need a dismal end-of-the-world song then I'll pull it out.

So yeah, that's my justification :)

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Aik

I've heard that song a few times, it's not THAT bad imo.

For me? Girl on TV and Summer Girls by LFO! I don't care what anyone says, I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch and I think I fell for the Girl on TV :D

on a side note? I think Summer Girls made A&F popular here. Nobody had ever even heard of the brand until the song.

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I like plenty of embarassing music

To name but a few - Enya, The Fureys and Davey Arthur, The Dubliners, eire og, Malachi Cush, Babylon Zoo, Bryan Adams, Rammstein, AC/DC, Libera, Angelis, Celine Dion (...what?) Andrea Bocelli, The Carpenters...You may have gathered, I like folk music. Also anything in Irish. But my most embarassing music would have to be the new stuff by Take That, I'm mortally ashamed of liking it :lol:

15. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    OK, If it's embarressing to like wonderful music by Enya, Angelis, Libera Then count me in as well. I adore them. Also Clannad. Irish folk is just amazing.

16. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

@ Shell

Whats wrong with a bit of AC/DC? Its bloody good stuff.

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    @ True - I know, but alot of people on the BOM are only into one particular type of music - and if you like anything else you get looked at funny :lol:

I went to see AC/DC in concert - they were great

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Apparently I should be embarrased because I like King Crimson, Pink Floyd and The Alan Parson Project; according to some people I've spoken to, that music is for 15-year old homosexuals....?

On a more serious note :p I like some Coldplay songs

19. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Okay, song I'm embarrassed to admit I like. Whil I like aqua and lene I'm not embarrassed by that. The song I am embarrassed by is I Want You by Savage Garden.

20. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

[​IMG] "California uber alles" by Dead Kennedys. I don't like punk, I believe that the majority of the members of the old punk bands like Sex Pistols and Dead Kennedys could not tell the difference between a guitar and bass but for some strange reason I like this song.

I don't know the band and the title of the song (and I'm too bored to search for it) but it goes like "you and me baby ain't nothing but mammals, let's do it like they do it on the discovery channel". I like it because it's funny and silly especialy the video.

I'll remember more later.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.