1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Dual Wield Combo

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Sarevok, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Lord Sarevok Guest

[​IMG] Ok, we're only talking about the following weapons here:

1) Long Swords

2) Short Swords

3) Scimitars

4) Daggers

The reasons for this are that my Stalker *cannot* backstab with anything else, exept Katanas, and I don't like those(as well as clubs and quarter staves, which makes no sense to me).

So no, "I tink Crom Fleyer and Celstial Furi are da best, dont u?". The heinous spelling and grammar is intentional, just to illistrate how I hate people who don't read the question before answering.

Ok, what combo of these weapons should I end the game with? I'd like a heavier weapon in the main hand with something light like a dagger, short sword, or scimitar in the secondary slot.

Also take into consideration that I have 3 quickslots because I'd like to know what to put in those as well.

Also the combo *has* to look good together. For example, Daystar and Blade of the Roses don't look good together, so take that into account first. Also, they broke another rule of mine, since I don't want two heavy swords.

I'll probably need at least one +3 weapon, but I don't always have to use that, I can just keep it in another quick slot.

From my experience with the Stalker, I will have plenty of proficency points to get all of these weapons, since I already start with ++ in two weapon style.

2. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Drizzt's scimitars? Combined they look quite cool but then you'd have two heavy swords again...

3. Lord Sarevok Guest

[​IMG] Omg, sorry but I'm not a powergamer. I'm supposed to be a Ranger, you know? So I'm going to kill another Ranger just so I can get his overrated weapons for half a chapter?! Come on man, you can think of something better than that.

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Dual wield Killswords.

Just like the man said:
    1) Crush your enemies.
    2) See them driven before you.
    3) Hear the lamentation of the women.

5. Lord Sarevok Guest

Ejsmith, you're a pathetic exuse for a gamer, as hard as that may sound ;).

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    IMO dual wielding looks realy neat!

I dont know how other combo's might look, but maybe Arbane's Sword and Cutthroat....?

About the Scimitars again: Water's Edge and Rashad's Talon? (No equiped abilities, however)

I prefer to Dual Wield 2 weapons of the same kind, as I spent my proffies only in one kind of weapon...Grand Mastery in melee and the rest in dual wield or a ranged weapon

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

For Scimitars, take Belm in the Off-Hand. One attack per round more makes much more difference then just a better Scimitar.

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

Where can you find Water's Edge and what are it's stats?

Yes, I usually always keep Belm +2 in the offhand for the extra attack. I think I'll put Pixie Prick +3 in a quickslot for backstabbing.

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

It's the scimitar of Drizzt. You have to pickpocket or kill him to get these weapons.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Depends on your char:
    When you play a fighter you might need an extra attack - so you might like to use Belm *or* Kundane in your off hand while using your main weapon in the first hand in order to maximise you number of melee attacks (limited to 5 max btw)

When you want to play a meleeing swashbuckler on the other hand you have to live with tha fact he only has 1 attack per round despite his neat THACO: Here it would certainly make sense to dualwield both Kundane *and* Belm ;)

11. Sol'Kanar Guest

Drizzt owns no weapon called "Water's Edge". His scimitars are called Twinkle and Icingdeath. If you want to find where any weapon may be found, check the BG2 section of this very site, I'm sure they have a list of items and locations. On a side note, I know you said you didn't like katanas, but my own stalker wields celestial fury in one hand, and a +3 wakizashi I bought off a bonus merchant, and that looked cool enough. I recommend trying something like Dragonslayer, found in Firkraags place. It's red, it's a longsword, it has good stats.

12. Ragusa

Media:
    Water's Edge can be found in Ust-Natha in one of the drow-houses (forgot the name).

It's Stats are:

THACO: -3
    damage: 1W8+3 (slashing)
    weight: 3
    initiative: 4
    Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To - one handed
    Not usable by: clerics, mages, thiefs

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited January 01, 2002).]

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Water's Edge is a 1d8+3 (thac +3) Scimitar that can be found in Jae'llats House in a locked cabinet.

Er...this is already posted by Ragusa...i see. Well...at least I added a name! ;)

[This message has been edited by Master of Nuhn (edited January 01, 2002).]

14. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I know it's found quite late, but I *reeeeeaaaalllly* like the Blackrazor! Dual weild it with Belm in off-hand...admittedly that's a little tough on the proficencies front...but what can I say, I really like that sword! ;)

15. Sol'Kanar Guest

Yes, Blackrazor is one of the most powerful swords in the game, but seeing as you don't get it until the very end it's not really to be considered when allocating proficiencies. It is quite powerful, though I cannot even remember exactly what it does.

16. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I like the classic dual wielding combos: like short sword & dagger or two similar class weapons.

Weapons I like in dual wielding:

long swords:

Adjatha the drinker(+2 long sword; immunity to charm and confusion, each hit heals wielder by one point; GOOD!!!)

Dragonslayer(+2 longsword; immunity to fear; double damage against dragons; slow regeneration)

Daystar(+2 longsword; double damage against undead; sunray 7 th level priest spell casting ability once per day)

Scimtars:

They only look good when you wield two of them!:grin:

Main hand: Scimtar +3 water's edge

Off hand: Belm +2

Short swords:

I prefer these used as off hand weapons

Arbane's sword(+2 short sword; grants free action to wielder; casts haste for two rounds once per day

Kundane(+2 short sword +1 attack per round)

Daggers:

They are very good off hand weapons

Stiletto demacress(+2 dagger with some neat abilities, not very powerful though)

Boneblade(+4 dagger; the ideal off hand weapon)

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited January 02, 2002).]

17. Lord Sarevok Guest

Kudane +2 gives +1 attack per round?! Yippe! So if I dual wielded that and Belm +2, I'd have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 attacks per round! Yipee!

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited January 02, 2002).]

18. Ragusa

Media:
    Kundane +1 is the 'shortsword of quickness' that gives one extra attack ;) Found in plarar prison.

Arabane +2 is the red bladed shrotsword +2 that gives free movement on the wielder. Found at the loot of an ambush party.

The third ominous shortsword is Ibratha +1 which can cast mirror image on the caster once per day. Found in Umar Hills - reward for the golem quest.

As for the number of attacks: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004096.html
    You should find more about that in this topic - somewhere in the middle there is a post about number of attacks, maximum number of attacks especially.

19. Lord Sarevok Guest

Hmm, considering I'm almost at level 13, I'll just give Kudane to Haer'Dalis; he can dual wield that and Pixie Prick. I just aquired Athdja the Drinker +2, I'll switch between that and Daystar when needed, and keep Belm +2 in the offhand.

20. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Ragusa,
    Do you mean Planar Sphere (slums-Valygar) or Astral Prison (Bridge District-Haer'dalis)
    Or is Planar Prison same as Astral Prison?

Slightly off topic...i know, but if someone wants to find this kundane +2, he'd like to know where, i think. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.