1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Rallymama, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    This is a new series on the Sci-Fi Channel in the US. We just watched the first episode,and I thought it was darned good - better than some of the stuff on the major networks, in fact. Did anyone else happen to see it?

It's based on books, but I never read them. Maybe I shouldn't, so I don't disrupt my enjoyment of the series.

2. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I saw the 1st. episode too, and I agree. It was very good and original. I specially like when you get to see into the past of Dresden himself.

As per the books, haven't read them either.

I'm looking forward to further episodes.

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hope they release it on DVD. I'll never see it otherwise. I loved the books and hope the the TV series lives up to my expectations.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I have read the first couple books and they were pretty good. We don't get the sci-fi network up here or I would definitely give the show a try. Actually, I suppose I could always download the episodes.

5. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I haven't read the books, but i've made a point of seeing all three episodes so far. I'm enjoying how they don't give you an overload of backstory right away but rather let slip little tidbits every episode. That and how they don't have any kind of technobabble like explanations with the magic, instead using things like spinal tap referances to explain whats happening.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I downloaded and watched the first two episodes - I thought they were pretty good. Harry is a little more rugged and less nerdy than I had pictured him but I suppose that is a necessity for making a t.v. show.

Edit: I downloaded and just finished watching episodes 3 and 4 and they were even better than the first two. If they can keep the quality level this high I am definitely going to keep watching.

[ February 25, 2007, 06:53: Message edited by: JSBB ]

7. Steel General Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Gotta love the mystic hockey stick! :D

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yeah, having Harry use a hockey stick for a staff, a drum stick for a wand etc. is one of the things that I like about the series. It gives Harry a very practical and modern feel. In the books he has the traditional rune inscribed staff and rod which always struck me as being particularly obvious not to mention difficult to obtain. I must say that after watching seven episodes I am really liking this series.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.