1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragonforce

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Late-Night Thinker, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Any Brits recognize these guys? I will be 'throwing myself into the fray', 'dreaming a dream beyond reality', and 'rising above the winter moonlight' ALL on one special evening---when Dragonforce plays LIVE in Philly on Feb. 21st!

I can't wait!

Dragonforce---Through The Fire and Flames

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I'm going to see them, KSE, and Chimaira on the 23d in Mass... I am really going for Chimaira because KSE sucks (their first album was good, then they lost all talent) and I am not a big fan of Dragonforce... I prefer other power metal, although Dragonforce is certainly amusing.

3. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dragonforce has the worst lyrics I've ever heard, as well as one of the worst band names ever (how can they possibly think they would be taken seriously? DRAGONFORCE! THE FORCE OF A DRAGON!) but their guitar playing is crazy good.

4. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

WAAH! HAIR METAL! :outta:

5. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Meh. Dragonforce haven't really been good since the second album came out. I used to quite like them, and still like their first album, but the second two have just been exactly the same. The ridiculous lyrics are intentional, though, and I don't think they were trying to be taken seriously, which is one of the reasons why I liked them.

6. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

Ridiculous lyrics...?

These words are far less ridiculous when spoken by a man with four-foot-long hair.

7. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

I think they're great. Sure the lyrics are a little bit cheesy, but a lot of the bands I listen to sing about fantasy themed things, like Blind Guardian for instance (they're friggin' awesome!)

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Both lyrics & vocals are crap but awsome guitar work!

9. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

About the lyrics:

See, there is a mental place called 'reality', and there is also a physical location where winter moonlight resides---Dragonforce is dreaming beyond that mental place, and Dragonforce is flying above that winter moonlight.

The sense of the lyrics is plain, and if I may say so, Dragonforce is above and beyond that place where mundane poetry resides (which is far below the place where winter moonlight beams throughout).

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

BTW one of the comments is very nice

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Dragonforce turned out to be soulless generic power metal. I think I will stick to the classics (Gamma Ray, Helloween etc).

12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Not too bad to listen to now and again- certainly good live, though I doubt I'll buy any of their albums. Saw them back on the Sonic Firestorm tour (they made it past Glasgow, all the way to Aberdeen!) and they were rather nice. Spent ages after they had finished struggling to remain conscious due to dehydration. Sticking your head under a running tap works wonders in such a situation!

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Uuuggghhhh!! Horrible!
    Come on! "Knights-and-Castles"-music. That's the typical Geek-Music I despise.
    They will prevail. They will survive. They carry on. Bla bla.
    More of such nonsense: Hammerfall and Rhapsody.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Rhapsody of Fire, thank you so very much :p

15. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I'm not British, but I do recognize them. It should be noted that while a little comic relief in terms of lyrics can be a good thing, DragonForce takes it way too far. Plus, the pacing on some of their more "upbeat" songs, such as "Heart Of A Dragon," is so ridiculous that it hardly bears repeating. For Christ's sake, when the overly-synchronized drumming becomes so digitally sped up that the guitarist cannot even keep up with the beat, you may be going too far. A whole album of this is simply too much. However, if you're looking for a little bit of comic relief in small doses, then a DF song popping up ever now and then on your shuffle can be a good thing, when you're in the mood for it.

16. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

@ Saber

I am going to the exact same show...well, except in Philly.

I'm a little worried that the I-beams and walls of the Electric Factory are not rated 'Dragonforce'. Hopefully both me and the Electric Factory will survive the evening.

17. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I thought you liked Pink Floyd Master of Nuhn? I recall the first album had lyrics about dwarves and scarecrows.

18. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Quote frm Falconer's Song Mindtraveller:
    Wisdom of the elderly? :D

I actually like this band. At least the singer doesn't sound like someone cut off his balls. And they are germans, so mistakes are bound to happen. The one above is quite funny, though.

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I thought they were Swedish? Yeah power metal lyrics are cheesy, but the music is so catchy you are forced to love it :D

20. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

What can a power metal singer go on about? Love? No. Peace in the Middle East? No. Anger? That doesn't even really fit, because despite the rapid bass-kicks and chuggy rhythm, the lead guitar is going soaringly fast into the higher notes. Frankly, I think that aside from them not singing at all (which works sometimes), the lyrics should be about these sort of over-the-top notions such as victory and good vs. evil. Where in the "real world" does the sound of power metal fit? Where in the "real world" do the notions of absolute victory and good vs. evil fit? IMO, power metal and fantasy lyrics fit hand in glove.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.