1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 8

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yay, it's finally the right answer instead of a joke one. :) Have some cake.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I didn't think much about it
    til it started happening all the time
    soon I was living with the fear everyday
    of what might happen at night

4. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

and he said...

You're no son, you're no son of mine.

By er... Genesis.

5. T2Bruno

Media:
    You got it Carc.

6. Carcaroth

There was a genesis fest on Radio 2 last week with ticket give-aways.

Down the foggy ruins of time,
    Far past the frozen leaves,
    The haunted, frightened trees,
    oOut to the windy beach,
    Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.

Easy bonus points for getting both the band who first released it and the original singer/songwriter who released it later the same year.

7. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free.

That would be Mr. Tambourine Man, originally from Bob Dylan, but covered by the Byrds (except for this part of the lyrics).

8. Carcaroth

Indeed, although I believe the Byrds actually released it before Dylan did.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Mr. Tambourine man was one of the songs that I always wanted to do here. I'd even already used it at another site... grrr.

As for the order, Dylan did write it and IIRC he released it in '64 and The Byrds in '65 .

10. Mesmero

Oh crap, I forgot about this. Sorry... hey wait a sec, where did all the IJ's go, or has everybody become overly polite?

I look through my window so bright
    I see the stars come out tonight
    I see the bright and hollow sky

11. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The Passenger - Iggy Pop

12. Mesmero

Hey BOC, good to see you're still around.

You are of course correct.

13. BOC

And his fortune he has made
    Let him live high on the hog
    Til the day of the raid
    When they hunted him like a dog

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    A seldom heard gem...

El Diablo
    ZZ Top
    Tejas.

15. BOC

Correct of course.

16. T2Bruno

Media:
    This might be difficult so a hint may be in order. The lyrics are spoken (rather rhythmically) at the end of the song...

Aye! A roar he cried frae the bottom of his heart that I would nay fall
    but as dead, dead as 'a can be by his feet; de ya ken?
    ...and the wind cried back.

17. Elthas Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I would say Pink Floyd "Several Species of Small Furry Animals...Grooving with a Pict" but I thought Roger Waters was saying "and the wind cried Mary" at the end.

18. T2Bruno

Media:
    I've seen it printed both ways (but can't understand a word the guy says).

Close enough -- even though you didn't give the entire title of the song.

19. Elthas Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] @T2Bruno: I didn't have the time nor patience to write the entire title out! :D

Anyway, here's mine:

"Dawn breaks open like a wound that bleeds afresh
    In bleak misery, the lifeless lie in squandor
    Love has left me, fled from me
    Fragrant lust waits beside and dies
    Like flowers that wilt without refreshment
    In midday sun I sit and bide time
    Adorning me, a lovelorn rhapsody..."

2 hints: It's a from a British metal band that now tries, unsuccessfully, to sound like Pink Floyd -- and the title is included somewhere in the lyrics above.

20. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Lovelorn Rhapsody by Anathema

A virtual cookie and the next turn for whoever can tell me what poet's poem is quoted in the lyrics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.