1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 8

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Okay, I didn't realize it would be a difficult one - it's a quite well known song after all, from a soundtrack that should be well known to many rpg gamers... ;)

I'll post a little more of the lyrics here:

What can you see
    On the horizon?
    Why do the white gulls call?
    Across the sea
    A pale moon rises
    The ships have come to carry you home

And all will turn
    To silver glass
    A light on the water
    All Souls pass

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm guessing from the clues Annie lennox - Into the West

3. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yep, from the last of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Your turn.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

IJA:

It's all over and I'm standin' pretty
    In this dust that was a city

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm pretty sure that's from 99 Red Balloons - Nena (the English version obviously). I'm somewhat, but not completely, ashamed of knowing this.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

You're correct. TBH, I'm more ashamed knowing the German and English versions. :shame:

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I cannot move, I cannot hide
    I feel a silent scream begin inside

8. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"Cygnus X-I Book II Hemispheres" (and to be more precise it's from the fifth part of the song, "Cygnus bringer of balance") by Rush.

9. dmc

Media:
    I knew it was only a matter of time for BOC or Splunge to show up. Correct, of course.

10. BOC

The quiet of the night never gave them warning
    The silence of the hills wouldn't let them know
    They'd never rise again on a mist filled morning
    Never see the sunrise above Glen Coe

11. BOC

Hints: Famous Scottish hard rock band. The title of the song is a year related to the site which is mentioned in the above lyrics.

12. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

The Massacre of Glencoe was in the late 17th century, but that is as much as I can manage.

13. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The only hard rock Scottish band I know are Nazareth, and the only song I am familiar with is 'My White Bicycle'.

So is it Nazareth?

14. BOC

Yes, it's Nazareth from their second album. Cuchulainn got the band, Carcaroth almost got the subtitle of the song (The Glen Coe Massacre), so he who will post the title is the winner.

15. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

16. BOC

Yes.

17. dmc

Media:
    IJA time.

Before I say that the vows we made weigh like a stone in my heart.

18. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Gave up and googled it. Nobody managed it in song quote game 4 either! It obviously strikes a chord with dmc though.

19. dmc

Media:
    I did this before? I must be getting senile.

Alright then, a different one:

Remind me that we'll always have each other

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Running on Empty - Jackson Browne? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.