1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where to sleep and the Harpers Quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ztormzaver, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Ztormzaver Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi guys, you gotta help me. I´m doing this Harper Quest and have returned to Xzar with the false bird. The assassin kills him and then walks away, and then I have read that a Harper should come and Invite Jaheira to an audience, but that doesnt happen! Why? I´ve read somewhere that I had to be attacked by the bandits that take Jaheira as hostage first, but where should I sleep to make them attack me?.. Please help me.

[ September 12, 2002, 16:57: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

You should sleep in the Umar hills or outside Nalia's keep.

3. Gladiator Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Note that this only happens if you're romancing Jaheira. ;)

4. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You sure about that gladiator?
    Some of Jaheira's quests execute even when not romancing her

5. Gladiator Gems: 4/31

As sure as a gladiator can be.

Jaheira non-romance quests: Xzar/Montaron, Baron Ployer
    Jaheira romance-quests: Galvarey, Dermin, Meronia, etc.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

That is not correct (7o9TM).

Only quest you don't get if you are not romancing her is Bandit quest.
    All other stuff you may get without a romance. Including Harper Pin.

7. Walker Gems: 4/31

I'm not sure that it really matters where you sleep. I once had a assassin and the bandits got me in my own guildhouse!
    :flaming:
    Ofcourse there was no option to ball out the guards there. And the dead bandits armor hung around for a long time.

8. zepert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I romance jaheira and she has been taken once killed the harpers dermia complaning than he took her I loaded the game because i was planning on killing body and when i slepped in a inn he didn't took her next day and now I'm in the elven city so I guess he aint coming

9. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If you're as far as Suldanessalar, then you're right - he will not come.

It does matter. You must sleep outside for many of Jaheira's interactions to occur. For the Terminsel interactions, you just need to be outdoors.

10. alighter Gems: 4/31

Well, for me, for the "Jaheira left and Terminsel come in" even to happen, you can't sleep outside (I'm patched to latest) anywhere. You have to sleep NOT INSIDE A INN and NOT IN THE WILDERNESS. That means the outskirts of the towns (ie. Trademeet), sometimes late night in Athkatala (sometimes the guards fail to notice you and wake you up it seems), and Graveyard (you can sleep there anytime you all want, but Bodhi will show up at night, so either you start resting at morning, or rest near the other exit and after the Terminsel thing just exit before Bodhi comes)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.