1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

my band!

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Phone_Tools, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Phone_Tools Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

hey everyone, please go check out my band at www.myspace.com/turnedupmissing. we play rock n roll music and i play the guitar. we just got some new music up, we're really excited about it!
    thanks

[ November 14, 2006, 07:21: Message edited by: Phone_Tools ]

2. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Not bad, but tell your lead singer to get singing lessons... At least some basic ones which include breathing. There is almost no pressure behind his voice.

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yeah, it's not that he'd be a bad singer, but he needs to have more confidence behind that voice.

So how long have you been together? Keep working on it, you've got what it takes to produce the tunes and you know how to play your instruments pretty well, but I think you all need a little more confidence. Don't sweat it, it'll come with time. Otherwise, nice work :thumb:

4. Phone_Tools Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

hey, thanks for the feedback guys. We've been a band for a couple years now. We are trying to do the "co-lead singers" thing, i don't know if you noticed but theres two guys trading off parts in the new song. Are you talking about the one who sings the high parts? we do take singing lessons by the way, but yeah, we're definitely working on improving our vocals all the time. i think what you're hearing may be partly the way the songs were mixed/EQ'd...

by the way check back during the weekend if you're interested, we should should have a new song up by then! :)

[ November 16, 2006, 08:14: Message edited by: Phone_Tools ]

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I think the punkpop style of singing doesn't mesh well with the screaming or the tapping guitar parts. The riffs were nice, though.

6. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, in that case, both should take lessons... ;)

Just try to hold your breath when singing just below the diaphragm. Do it as long as you're comfortable, then breathe. It makes the difference between weak and strong voices. (I don't know if you get what I mean. It's easier to show the trick to someone.)

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    The music is good and all, it's really not bad at all. I dop agree with the comments in this thread especially Susipaisti's. I think you hesitate between different styles in your song American Outlaws, perhaps you should stick to one (I mean as far as the singing is concerned either go all the way and get a heavier more aggressive voice or keep up singing in a lighter mood? Mixing both is very tricky).
    All is all it's worth listening (and IMO it's much better than the crap they play on the radios). Keep up the good work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.