1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: 'Heroes' anyone?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Kitrax, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, so I was thinking of just making this a reply to the "New TV Season" thread...but this show on NBC is just too huge! At first, I was skeptical of a show about "superheroes", but after just one episode, I'm hooked. The second episode was on tonight and it was even better!

This show has everything from a super hot blond chick that can walk through fire, dudes that can fly, crazy psycho blonds that subconsciously kill mobsters, and frozen guys with their heads cut open! :D

Anyone else like the show so far? :thumb:

[EDIT] - Anyone who wants to see a clip or even the entire show can visit NBC's Heroes Website [/EDIT] :rolling:

[ October 04, 2006, 06:59: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 19 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: 'Heroes' anyone? (19 votes.)

Have you seen the new show 'Heroes' on NBC? (Choose 1)
    * Yes! - 79% (15)
    * No! - 21% (4)

If you saw it, did you like the show? (Choose 1)
    * Yeah, I liked it. - 79% (15)
    * No, I didn't like it. - 5% (1)
    * I haven't seen it...yet. - 16% (3)

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    The first show wasn't even over before we'd made a season pass for it on the TiVo.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...If I had the money to waste on cable/satellite and a TiVo, I would have done the same...but instead I just downloaded the first two episodes on to my laptop. :D

I got both my parents hooked today when I let them watch both episodes on my 19" secondary monitor while I was watching a movie in the family room.

Mondays don't seem to suck anymore! :thumb: :rolling:

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I'm hooked...and I don't even live in the US! :D

Seriously though, Youtube and NBC.com let me watch this fantastic show, and so far I must say that I am extremely impressed! I can't wait to catch episode 6...

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Love it!

6. Phone_Tools Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i am addicted to heroes

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

wow.. this is that good huh? Fine, fine. I've already allowed myself to start House, Grey's, Prison Break and Entourage anyway :rolleyes: may as well add this to the pile as well :p

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    It is pretty much mandatory viewing in my office.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yeah, Heroes is great. It has been a couple years since I liked a show enough to watch it on a weekly basis instead of just waiting for the entire season to be out on DVD but with Heroes I am actually excited to see Monday nights coming.

10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've been hearing some of the guys talk about this show in a local forum, after reading them post about 8 chapters (episodes) I finally gave in. Such a lovely lovely series.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

okay, ressurection time! This is the best series ever. I just started watching Heroes and in 3 sittings I finished up til episode 17. 18-20 are already out though, right? The CD I have only has til 17 :( I was close to tears at the end of ep 17 :cry:

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Personally I think Heroes is pretty awful ... sounds like it's just me though.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

whaaat? really? why? :eek:

14. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I just started watching it, and I'm really impressed. Why can't german television producers make series that are so well made?

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I think it's ok. Nothing compared to the cleverness of Prison Break.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's OK. I'll watch it if it is on. That Japanese guy is funny. But it's not good enough for me to want to watch it every week. I usually fall asleep halfway through as it is on so late here.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, the plot is ridiculous, for starters. It's not helped at all by being a rip-off of X-men, and then it gets into the blandly stereotyped characters and my brain starts melting from the stupidity.

Sure, it has some okay ideas, but from what I've seen (quite enough to make a judgement), it's not very good.

18. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

Aikanaro, I guess you just watched the first episode?

I was first turned off by the similarites to the X-Men movies, too. But I gave it a second chance, and the plot evolves into something much more interesting. It's more or less several coming-off-age stories run into one, only with mature characters, plus some major mystery developing into the background.

Sure, Hiro and Peter Petrelli (the 'Flyboy') seem very immature at first, but they evolve rather rapidly. And make no mistake: otakus like Hiro really exist.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmmm, I don't know about that. It's been going for a while now and it is still pretty much a rehash of X-Men (which also claims to be more about "coming of age" and "tolerance" etc etc). Not that that makes it bad per se, but let's not kid ourselves that this is any more mature or complex than X-Men.

It's X-Men without the tight suits, but it's still reasonably watchable.

20. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

In X-Men, the evolution happend naturally. In Heroes, not so much.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.