1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Perfect stats

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gonff, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Gonff Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

What do you think the perfect starting stats would be for each class? (including kits) For me it would be a fighter with
    Strength:18
    Constitution:18
    Dexterity:18
    Intelligence:4
    Wisdom:3
    Charisma:18
    hehe. my character has the I.Q. of the president of the United States. hehehe.

2. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Well 'perfect' stats would be 25, 25, 25, 25 etc but I see what your getting at.

For a powergamer just max out your primary attribute then DEX, and CON
    You can get the ring of human influence to solve your CHA problems

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I must disagree, LOTS! that ring requries a whole ring slot that could be used better. 18 cha, weee... now how often is it I use that stat?

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The stats to cheese depends on your char.

My fighters have str-18/ dex-18/ con-18 and wis-18 and the rest as high as possible, at least above 6.

And the perfect stats are all-25 ? You must be stupid ! :lol: Who the hell needs that ?! All-25 is just a lot of stupid stat waste :D

5. Gonff Gems: 3/31

I said starting stats. not item added stats.

6. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I would change the Charisma with Wisdom. Gives you better mindsaves.

Rambling: Anyway which president? Nixon? "I am not a crook" even though he was. Naah. No american president had or has less than mundane intelligence. Why you would ask? Because that would mean that the american people voted for stupid men. Hence made a stupid vote. Or indeed were stupid. And they are not stupid are they? Not in my book. :p

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited November 21, 2001).]

7. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Yeah, you really need to get that wisdom up. 79 Isn't a very good roll :/

PS. Bush is a damn good President!

8. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Now, my sorcerer's stats be str-9, con-16, dex-18, int-18, wis-18, cha-9, I think it's perfect.:)

9. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31

Now my Necromancer has these stats, mind you I havent cheated, edited or used any tomes, these are lucky rolls (after 15 mins of rerolling, and this is the first time I got these awesome stats)and not using stat enhancing items.

Str 15
    Dex 18
    Con 18
    Int 18
    Wis 18
    Cha 8

Besides there are no rules saying the main character must be party leader, why I have a low Cha. :)

By the way forgot to mention, that the stats are this high because of requirements of the Necromancer, I tried it with the Stalker (Ranger Kit) to see his, I got 18 in 5 stats that way. And no am not a powergamer, got my ass whooped seriously by 2 Giant Trolls.

[This message has been edited by Naer Dhal (edited November 21, 2001).]

10. Lord Sarevok Guest

[​IMG] Sorcerers DON'T need intelligence! Affects nothing for them, try it. My stats for a sorcerer would be:

minimum
    minimum

If I got a good role I would jack up the wisdom, but it's not nesesary.

11. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Isn´t rerolling for 15 minutes sort of cheating ? ;)

12. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31

Asmodeus you play real life ??, then you kinda warm up the dices first, when you're making a new character ;) ;) ;)

Besides why else would they implement a reroll button ???

[This message has been edited by Naer Dhal (edited November 21, 2001).]

13. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

True, but as a DM I'll tell the player that the roll counts _before_ they roll, not after ;)
    (though OTOH, I'm often lenient if they roll particularly poorly)

14. ArchAngel Guest

Do you kill your players' characters that often? :p

Anyway. I agree Lord Sarevok, as long as the sorcerer can use scroll and wands I am happy. it takes 9 int. to cast scrolls.

15. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

If you want your Sorcerer to cast limited wish and wish (very useful spells :) )then get the wisdom and int up, at the expense of strength and charisma if required. There are plenty of strength increasing things in the game and unles you are soloing the best place for your sorcerer is at the back casting spells and not hitting anything! get someone with high charisma to lead the party or use an item that is available early on.

I use limited wish a lot in SOA and wish a lot in TOB, very useful spells IMHO.

Also, as mentioned the wisdom also comes in handy against mindspells, improves saves, I think - don't want your main mage crippled.

My sorceror has the following stats:

str 10 (had to be better than Imoen :D)
    dex 18
    con 16
    int 18
    wis 18
    cha 10 rolled 90, 10 minutes rolling

I don't regard rerolling as cheating. When I DM I allow the player to choose a couple of different roll plans, either 4D6 six times or 3D6 12 times and generate a character that way, otherwise the player ends up with a substandard character who dies pretty quickly.

In this game, I am meant to be a child of bhaal and potentially the most important one, hence I should have better than average stats :D.

However, its entirely up to the player. I paid for the game, and in single palyer mode I am judge and jury :D

Likewise, some folks may feel you should only roll once, tahts fine too :D

Cheers,

WittyNewt

[This message has been edited by wittynewt (edited November 21, 2001).]

16. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In TDD i have a Female Half-Elf Minstrel with 22 Charisma :D ;)

17. Demonater351 Guest

Here's my "perfect" stats for my Cavalier, Launcelot:

Str: 18/91
    Dex: 17
    Con: 16
    Int: 12
    Wis: 16
    Cha: 18

This is before sacrificing stats, of course. After sacrificing, it'll be:

Str: 18/91
    Dex: 16
    Con: 16
    Int: 11
    Wis: 16
    Cha: 19 (he's equipped with the Helm of Glory :D)

Above is just about close to perfect stats for a Paladin. I figure these high stats are justified because 1.He's a child of a god and 2.He's the original Lancelot reincarnated (I wrote my *own* biography), so *of course* he'd have really outstanding stats. :D

[This message has been edited by Demonater351 (edited November 22, 2001).]

18. Lord Sarevok Guest

Yikes. My stats for Nago, my Elven Fighter/Mage are as follows:

18/95

Didn't use SK or anything, I was just lucky. I'm taking him through BG1 right now, if you wanna read more go to the "My New Character" post.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited November 22, 2001).]

19. Demonater351 Guest

Yup, that's what I said when I finished creating that character. Completely unaided by Shadowkeeper, only rerolling for five minutes, and with a total of 98 points, I thought to myself "I shouldn't be this lucky!" Then I made a copy of the file in some obscure folder in my computer so it won't get erased when I uninstall the game, then saved another copy on a floppy disc so it won't get erased off the computer by accident. No way I'm losing this character! :D

20. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

My stats for "War Nerve" (Cavalier):

Str: 18 / 05 (doh!!)
    Dex: 18
    Con: 18
    Int: 12
    Wis: 15
    Cha: 18

The low strength bonus was frustrating, but the other stats were just too high to re-roll.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.