1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I think I may get something by Pain of Salvation soonish. Anyone heard them enough to recommend something?

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I actually got the album 'BE' last week and I am not impressed. Perhaps its a grower?

Its not like I don't 'get it' as I really do like progressive music, like Sigh, Pestilence, Amorphis, Jethro Tull and King Crimson.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hmm, I'm in a Jack White mood this week. Cue the Stripes and Raconteurs.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I got some Mercenary recently - good stuff :thumb: And I DLed the new DT album (I am going to buy it)... it is so sweet (if you like melodeath).

5. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The situation with the ticket prices for the concerts is getting worse every year. Metallica are going to play in Athens in the beginning of July and the price of the tickets is ranging from 60 to 100 euros. WTF? 100 euros for a concert?

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I wouldn't even paly 1€ to see metallica live, unless they only promise to play songs from Kill 'em All to ...and Justice for All.

Marillion were playing in Belfast 2 years ago, and they tried to charge 30€ and I don't think there is an original member left! It would have been worth it if Fish was back in the band.

7. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Me too but this is not the point. I don't know if the band or the promoter is responsible for this price but the problem is that they have forgotten who their fans are. The majority of the people who want to see Metallica are teenagers and certainly prices like this simply don't allow them to go.

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Dammit, we have "Battle of the Bands" in the school tonight, but all tickects were sold out in minutes.
    Guess I could just sneak in, most of the guards leave before the first hour.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

That is too expensive, but from what my friends tell me, they use a lot of tacky expensive scripted gimmicks in their shows, so I am not surprised.

10. Saber

I am excited for the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival this year... I don't know who is playing, but I am still stoked.

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...good bands must avoid Australia like the plague. I saw about 3 or 4 names that I actually recognized...none of them are any good however. :bad: :p

RHCP are good though. :thumb: :rolling:

12. Daie d'Malkin

Voltaire is coming to Liverpool, but I'm in Edinburgh that day. Damn

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I've been in a Hammerfall mood recently. Don't know whats come over me :nuts:

14. Daie d'Malkin

Your Natural High?

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Yeah who needs coke when you have Hammerfall :shake:

I'm just listening to Era One by Samael, and its very relaxing. What a voice Vorph has.

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

But his voice was far better on their first 3 albums-so demonic and evil

17. Saber

Hmm, does anyone else like Gothic Metal? Like Sentenced, Charon, To/Die/For, etc (there are a ton... I just DLed some to test out).

18. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I like gothic metal like Theatre Of Tragedy, Flowing Tears, Moonspell, Paradise Lost :p
    But my wife simply loves gothic metal, if it's gothic she must have it :rolleyes:

19. Saber

Hey, at least your wife likes metal... my girlfriend absolutely hates it (well, for now, I will convert her... :evil: ).

And Undertaker, I just understood where your location (South of Heaven) is/what it means.

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Yep another fan of gothic metal here. Saturnus is a good band to check out.

Anyone like neo-folk or darkwave?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.