1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I am not even going to try to figure out howmany songs I have coming to Ireland with me.. suffice to say, i am V. glad I am getting a shiny portable HD to haul them around with :p

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Can you listen to the songs from your HD?

4. Arabwel

Media:
    Sure can, for I have a hiny laptop - I would not be bothering with the portable HD if not for the fact that the laptop only has 6GB of space :p

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'm just back from a jam with the band. We've composed a freaking tune, pretty darn heavy, though it's definitively NOT black metal. It sounds more like thrash metal mixed with some death metal. I'll try to persuade the other guys that we should record it (even if simply to keep as a momento), but I'm not exactly sure it'll happen (if it ever). Time will tell. I'm still pretty much of a bad bass player, though... but I'm working on it.

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

There is a metal/fetish night in Belfast next week. Sounds fun, but what if I bump into someone from work?

7. Arabwel

Media:
    They are going to be just as embarrassed as you are, Cú! :D

In other news, ia m not going to touch Saxon with a 10 foot pole for a bit.. so i believe it is Maiden for me for a bit. Possibly witha good dose of Tarot and Gamma ray to accompany it.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@DotW: Me wants to hear your songs

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

/me likes Hypocrisy

Especially Virus. Damn good CD.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, Hypocrisy pwns.

I'll try to... if the guys agree, that is.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm sure you shouldn't worry about that. If they are there then they are doing the same thing as you and they won't tell if you don't :D :p

12. Arabwel

Media:
    DotW, you guys should just get a myspace :p

So, last night I kind of took an ex-tempore trip to Rovaniemi to the grand opening of the Rocktaurant, Mr. Lordi's massively awesomely COOL rock/mosnter themed restaurant. (No, I was not ont he VIP list. Just third one in of the mundanes :p )

Now, as a result, I have nice photos taken by friends and an autograph... and I think he will remember me for a while. *facepalm*

13. Disciple of The Watch

An EmoSpace? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a chance in hell.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Myspace si a very valuable tool these days, DotW. A heck of a lot of successful musical professionals use it. :p

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Yeah, it is good if you want to share your music as a new band. Or Last.fm.

16. Disciple of The Watch

I'm not successful - much less a professional, so NYAH. :p

:shake: :shake: :shake:

I'll have to remember and write down all the lyrics, and the guys are lukewarm about the idea of recording it - our skills are unpolished, my bass playing sucks, and the only option so far to record is an analog tape recorder - and bloody hell, we're not DarkThrone.

Seriously, we all agree about one thing - polishing our skills before recording anything - and find something to record that would end up with a decent sound quality. When (or if) we actually record something, you guys and gals will be the first to be informed, though.

17. Arabwel

Media:
    So... wht can anyone tell me about a band called CKY? One of my friends wants to force me to listen to them...

18. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Disciple of The Watch....I might add.... My boyfriend Mark has been a bass player for almost 35 years. Bass is an art that is not learned easily or fast. Mark and the drummer have been playing together since they were 13 and no one I know can play as tight. Every nuance, body language, they know each other.

We jam every Saturday in his buddy Doug's basement, I get to sing backups and the occasional lead. If nothing else it is a great stress relief and a lot of fun. I can't wait until they record and I can share the songs they have written with everyone. :hippy:

19. Arabwel

Media:
    So I just saw the latest Lordi music video, and was impressed.. I love that particular song,but i feel like they kind of wasted it because the video had a very good, but totally different theme running though it... therefore, i shall be bitching about it to someone soon.

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I have only heard one CKY song. I think it was called '25 Bitter Beings' and it was nothing special. The skater kiddies love them if that is anything to go by...

I was in a metal band years ago and I may start an online prog metal project with no expectations. These days I play tin whistle, mostly traditional Irish music in the local bars (not the kind you hear in US 'irish bars'), though I have played reworked versions of Finntroll and Moonsorrow songs which go down well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.