1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Snakes on a Plane

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Gawain, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Gawain Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've only seen the ads and the CGI is so bad...

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Seems like someone 'invented' the story after some heavy drinking, amazing it didn't go to the post office right away.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That is the best title for a movie ever.

5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I saw the movie last night. I did something criminal and downloaded it. The title of the movie made me do it, I just had to.
    Anyway its really funny. horror\comedy i would call it. don`t expect a mindblowing plot or anything like that. Its just an all fashioned fun movie.

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Going to go see it as a class excursion just to laugh at it. I have seen numerous piss-takes on Youtube that are well worth a look, especially the one with the cardboard cut out of Sam Jackson

7. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Saw a few ads on TV, but it looks gay...

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I've just read a forum where everyone's giving it rave reviews - it's everything they hoped it would be; ridiculous, campy, and has snakes on a plane. What more could you want out of this? :p

It almost makes me want to go and see it - with a large group of people to laugh with...

9. The mad haggis Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Apparently a bunch of movie guys started drinking and had a contest to see who could script the worst movie. And Samuel L Jackson signed on after hearing the name of the film. He didn't even see a plot. Though the name kinda says it all. Pretty Gutsy of him I think.

10. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

The user rating for it on imdb.com is at this moment 8.1 out of 10 . 14 409 people who has seen the move has voted for it, if thats anything to go by.

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Couldn't have said it better myself. The only way somebody could get me to see it is if they paid me.

And you thought Star Wars: Attack of the Clones was a bad title.
    So it's just a spoof like the Scary Movie films?

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I didn't get the impression that it was a spoof - just that it ackowledges that it's crap and enjoys the fact...

13. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

No its nothing like scary movie, not at all.
    Its kind of like hmmm Die Hard meets Aliens meets Braindead or something.

14. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

15. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I apologize if I offend anyone but the premise for the movie is retarded. I can not bring myself to pay actual money to burn brain cells. Maybe when it comes out on video I could rent it with friends for a laugh.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It is destined to be a campy cult classic in years to come.

17. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Absolutely brilliant. Not only does it have hundreds of badly cgi-ed snakes, it also has sporks, product placement and the immortal line 'Time is tissue'! I can't understand why anyone would not want to see it.

:1eye:

18. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Ah the product placement, so obvious, yet, as when it is used to such effect to mock "gangsta rappers,' so invaluable.

"'Time is tissue'!"
    I nearly forgot this line! :) must... write... down...

Harbs, this one was a campy classic before it was even released.

19. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I have never laughed so hard before I saw this. Me and my friends gave it a standing ovation when the credits started to roll and clapped when Sam said his famous line. Gotta love the chihuahua and the anaconda bit as well as the asian kick boxing champ. What a god.

20. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I saw it. If it were actually campy, parodic, and self-referential, it might have actually been funny and good. Instead, it's really just like a normal action movie, except that's it's on a plane with snakes in it.

Halfway through the movie I realized I wasn't watching a movie so much as I was watching half a year's worth of hype and promotion.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.