1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bernard and Hendak stole my pommel jewel!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Falcor Wolfbane, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] picture this young low level P.C. goes adventuring, finds shiny thing belonging to cool sword, sells it at the copper cronet, comes bach with blade and hilt only to find that the drunk barman has nabbed the damn thing for himself!! :mad:

The jewel no longer appers in the buy (buy back) list, what do i do?! :(

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

summon it in through the console with SW1H54C.

It all depends on who your party is. In my opinion the Equalizer is a crap sword.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Kill the whole ******* inn !!! :evil: :evil:

Sorry, but i'm just playing a totaly evil soreceress and totaly evil assasin. So that's what i would do. :heh:

4. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I take it you have been to the Underdark already? IIRC after you return to Athkatla from the Underdark all stores have their stock refurbished, and thus the jewel would have been removed.

5. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31

Why havent bioware installed a block on the removeal of one off items?

6. r'Hant Gems: 3/31

Perhaps they didn't expect anyone to sell a part of one of the most ancient swords in Faerun... :D

7. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31

It said in a walkthrough that seeing as at the begining of the game you cant use it you may as well dump it somewhere youd remember :p

8. r'Hant Gems: 3/31

So you've dumped it in the pockets of a double-crossing money-hungry Amnish merchant... :D

9. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It's absolutely dreadful, that a shopkeeper should consider that they can sell on something that you've sold to them. Don't they realise their job is just to act as your baggage handler until you want it again? ;)

10. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

create it and make up for it by making a donation to a temple
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem(SWIH54C")

11. Dark_Paladin_Draco Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The Equalizer is only good based on the alignment... It does suck otherwhise...

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In my opinion it's perfectly correct. If you have sold a part of an artifact you only have yourself to blame. What was he supposed to do? Keep the pommel jewel in case you want to buy it back? It's called game realism ;) Another thing is that if you sold it to him he couldn't steal his own item from you :shake:

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I agree, if I were a shopkeeper and got an important piece of one of the most ancient swords in Fareûn for only 225 GP then I would sell it, sell it expensive to a traveller or something like that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.