1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If you don't like this song...

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:lol: You got pwned, Barmy.

I really dislike that song. Bring it on, Barmy. :p

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Indie used to refer to what you're linking, but is now referred to as a genre! The meaning has changed over the years.

Also from Wiki...

More recently, the word "indie" is sometimes used as a synonym for new wave revivalist bands such as Franz Ferdinand, The Killers and The Strokes.
    Such usages of "indie" may be considered inaccurate for various reasons: for one, stylistic qualities are often not accurately correlated to commercial independence or adherence to indie principles (this is particularly true when a sound becomes popular, its leading exponents are signed by major labels and more success-oriented bands and production teams attempt to imitate the style; this ultimately culminates in commercially driven artists sporting the same stylistic traits the "indie" artists of a year ago had).

However inaccurate it may be in an official sense, that's the way it is now!

Enlighten us as to what your music tastes are DoTW, and I'm sure we can rip it to pieces. I get the feeling you're a black clothes wearing, loud shouty music listening fella :lol: :lol: :lol: .

This kind of music is hugely popular in Britain in the last few years. And Snow Patrol are one of the better bands IMO.

[ August 07, 2006, 15:22: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Ye gods, just listened to the first one - it's absolutley horrible. As far as I know, the genre is referred to as 'shining whits'...

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    Haha. 'Shining whits' :lol: :lol: Like it

Each to his own I guess!

I should have known I wouldn't find people of a like mind on a forum like this :lol: .

'cept Dalveen, he knows quality when he hears it ;)

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Only amongst people who like being illogical.

6. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Thats cos Snowpatrol are brilliant, and all these metal heads and stuff dont know what they are talkin about... ;)

7. Disciple of The Watch

Yes, I am all dressed in black. You got a problem with that?

As for my musical tastes, the RMBP speaks by itself. If you want to rip my musical tastes to shreds go ahead if it makes you feel better, I couldn't care less.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    Well don't have a go at other peoples if you're going to get all defensive, then ;) . You obviously don't like it so don't dish it out, lesson number one dude.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Defensive isn't the good term.

I express my opinion, you express your, let's bash each other's taste and opinions if we both want. Bash mine as you see fit, Barmy. I don't seek your approval, and neither are you seeking mine, so it's all good.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Heh, I was never going to go bashing, I was just making a point :D .

On a lighter note, have you seen the new Lobster phones that stream live digital television? (off topic ftw)

11. Disciple of The Watch

I DID heard about them... Virgin Mobile's own brand, IIRC. But this is material for RCPBT.

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ok then fellas, what about this song by Kasabian?

The video is proper mint, it's worth watching just for that I reckon, it's like a real film! Quality song I reckon. See what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH6xuZWQatg

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Has anyone posted this one yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWCSGGrU9MA

It's supposed to have been rated the cleverest music video of all time. Bunch of guys leaping around on treadmills. Cost about $5 to make.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah, OK Go! always make silly videos on a low budget in one take. Shame the songs are lame. But they're well known for videos like that. Their problem is going to be topping each one!

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Finally someone on BoM who appreciates anything other than death metal. Way to go Barmy, I love Snow Patrol. Their new album is brilliant, especially 'open your eyes' and 'chasing cars'

Love the indie stuff: Snow Patrol, Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys and Editors.

Great stuff!

16. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys and Editors are really good, but Snow Patrol...

The Kasabian Song above is nice, though.

17. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I like Run by Snow Patrol. The treadmills vid is great, who'd have thought you could have so much fun on a workout machine? :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.