1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shangalar

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gusnam, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Gusnam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm having problems with Shangalar. I enter his place, then I cast spirit armors, haste, improved haste, spell immunity, stone skin, and so on. Shangalar casts time stop, wail of the banshee which takes out most guys in my party. Any good ideas hot to defeat him? I don't know how many times I've loaded the games and it's getting on my nerves...
    I have a mage, a paladin, a monk and an assassin. They're all about level 14.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, this is an extremely tough battle. What I did was heap all the good stuff on my main character who was a L17 Archer at the time, and just charged with him alone into the room with the table. He had the Cloak of Mirrors, the Shield of Balduran, the Shield of Harmony, Crom Faeyr, Jhor the Bleeder, and the Mace of Disruption +2. I went first for the Vampire with the Mace and Shield of Harmony, then after the Beholder with the Shield of Balduran and Jhor the Bleeder, then that other fighter in there with Jhor and Crom, then the Gated demon, then the mage in there, then a summonned Efreeti, then Shangalar himself...

I kept all of my other party members cowering in the stairwell...

3. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Gusnam if you had a cleric my answer would be Gate but you have a mage and he/she will help too.Try to find a scroll of summon hakeashar (nishruu will work fine too but if it doesn't hakeashar will).summon the hake and relax, watch the battle, go for help with your pala(hopefully with carsomyr) to hunt the vampire.He is the only one that can hurt hake in the room..I didn't clear the room this way but this is far more easy than charging IMHO.Hope this helps..

4. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

When you get enough cash, there is a place in Waukeems Promenade where you can buy 2 scrolls of Anti Magic.

I use one scroll to fight Kangaxx and the other to fight the Shangalar group. It works for me. Soooo many creatures in this game have so much magic resistance it's coming out of their ###, why not me? That scroll gives 100% resistance and lasts for quite some time. If you 'do' things right you may only need to use one scroll -if you like the challenge and move quickly.

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

*Delete* already posted

[This message has been edited by Draco Vlasavius (edited December 06, 2000).]

6. Gusnam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Thanks, it worked! I summoned a hakeashar and my paladin charged with anti magic, improved haste and spirit armor. Shangalar's time stop didn't bother me this time :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.