1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Caribbean 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Duffin, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I came in expecting something good and was immedately underwhelmed by the beginning. But as it went on it seemed to get better. Overall, fairly enjoyable, and I'll still go to see #3.

2. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Haven't seen it yet. They were showing it for free at UTS during the open day today, but we didn't want to go spend, what, three hours? watching a movie when we could ge gathering precious info. I liked Jack Sparrow from the first one though. :D Oh and apparently one of my friends got excited and went crazy when Orlando's character was being whipped and my other friends were pretending not to know her...-_-;; I'm glad I didn't go that day...^^

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's captain Jack Sparrow! :nono: :p

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

This was not a good movie (excluding special effects and THE KRAKEN!!!!). All the humor was forced (as in, Johnny Depp saying "Oh Bugger" every time he got into Jack Sparrowish situations), the plot was far too jumpy, and alot of the scenes were a waste of time (the whole island with natives scene...). I hope the third one is better.

Did anyone else notice the obvious Star Wars references?

5. auril Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Pirates 2 was the most hideous, overwrought piece of **** I've ever seen in the theater. None of the 'comedy' was least bit funny or original, the plot made no sense whatsoever, Kiera and Orlando are terrible actors, and what the hell was up with Barbosa appearing the end?!

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I thought it was it was pretty crap. Far too many protracted action scenes that were just padding for an otherwise pretty empty movie that seemed a bit disjointed. Nighy was good as Davy Jones though. And as with the first, Depp seemed to drag every one along with his charisma.

Boring. Far too Hollywoody.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.