1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

EEEEEEvil

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ejsmith, Jul 23, 2002.

1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ok, so I've decided to hammer through with an evil party. There's a first time for everything.

I'll be dragging Viconia, Korgan, and Edwin along fer shure. I'll keep Jaheria around long enough to get into a spat with Vickie, then chuck the druid.

I kneed some Evil tips! Please!

2. Mariana Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Who are you going to take along as a thief? Maybe Jan, since he's Chaotic Neutral?

3. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmmm... I'm considering running an evil party, with a few neutrals to balance things out. Does anyone have general tips on how to run an evil party but still be able to get experience and keep in step with the story?

4. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] No problem playing evil, just be sure to keep your reputation at least average so you don't get attacked in towns.

I find the best way is to simply buy a decent reputation. When your reputation is low you can put one thousand gold into the collection plate at any church and your reputation goes up one point. I go in with a reputation of 6 and, 5,000 gold later, I emerge with a reputation of 11.

Of course this costs money, so it's important to have a good thief in the party. Try to get his/her pickpocket skills up to around 150.
    Steal potions of thievery from shops, use them to boost your thief skills to 200 then clean out the store's big-ticket items. Use the items yourself or sell them to fences to get more cash.
    Very consistent with an evil party.

I have taken the evil options on many quests and haven't been too heavily penalised, though the good parties seem to get better rewards.

Evil works well in the Drow City.

As an evil party, feel justified in exacting extremely harsh revenge on anybody who crosses you. I particularly like making an example of any footpads who try to mug me in the cities.

It's also very amusing to allow a goody-goody like Nalia or Aerie join you party for a short time just to hear the horror in their voices as you rampage through the countryside.
    You can also insult them generally give them a hard time until they leave.

5. shadows Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

your run of the mill phycotic killer group hmmm? well i like it ! i play as an assasin anyways so i can do the theif thing easy. and if my rep gets too high.. well thts easy. just slash the first guy you see who is inocent/ kill a guard

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

"It's also very amusing to allow a goody-goody like Nalia or Aerie join you party for a short time just to hear the horror in their voices as you rampage through the countryside."

OH YEAH!!!!

That's the kind of tips I'm looking for!

(insert some really sadistic and maniacal laugh, here)

7. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, it all depends Ejsmith, are you playing Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic?

8. C'Jakob Guest

Be ruthless. Be cruel. Make deals with Demon Lords. Kill great heroes like Drizzt. Bargain with Red Dragons. Slaughter peasants for a few coppers. If you get caught pickpocketing a noble, kill all the witnesses. If your reputation gets too low, don't worry about it. You can always steal someone's wares. And always pick the "evil" choices in a dialog. Experience won't be too much of a problem, seeing as how you're playing with only the PC, Edwin, Viccy, and Korgan. As for furthering the plot, it's perfectly doable being evil (although you do get less experience and might lose out on some items.)

9. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] They never believed in evil!

Wouldn't it be fun to play "the man"? I mean he is some sort of demon, you are some sort of god, He is evil you wan't to play evil.

Now you can say you're on a mission for your father (Rest well..father!)and that's why you must kill all those "beutyfull" chicks: Imoen Jaheira Nalia Mazzy and finally, oh sorry she wont pop up 'till TOB.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    So you want to be Evil, eh?

Anyone insulting, kill them

put your enemies along with the traitors (annoys Jon at any rate;))

If anyone REALLY annoys you, torture them first

Don't be afraid to get drunk or beat slaves, war improves character but being an ass and giving charity is dumb, church collections are their to be taken not to add to.

Shop prices may be high, kill those with nice equiptment

Snap at everyone snapping back equals a trip to the grave

Support all illegal and immoral activity

have fun :p

11. Gollum The Evil Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I haven't tried the evil way yet, but it sounds very interesting. I will have to try it. :evil:

12. shadows Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

yea it kicks ass it can be the funnest way to play if you play like a true evil character.

13. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

From the sounds of things, it appears that you're wanting tips on being chaotic evil. I've played lawful evil characters in the past and , if played correctly, found them more difficult than lawful good.

14. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Yeah, playing evil is a heck of a lot tougher than good.

Can't just go in, and gibb everyone, 'cause you'll wipe out the NPC that gives you the quest. I ended up gibbing Keldorn, 'cause he started ranting about evil. So, my last party member right now is Hardalis.

*whew*

Evil is hard work!

15. The Sly One Banned

I've gone all the way through BG and am currently half way through SoA with an Evil party. They rock!

Not only the better stats but the constant whinging of Edwin, Korgan and Viconia is rather amusing.

Just to get Sarevok involved in ToB and my plans will be complete.

Question is who to drop? Jaheria or Jan?

16. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I always see Jaheira as being on the Good side of Neutral, so it would seem to make sense to keep Jan (from an alignment point of view alone). And with the party you describe, I think Jan's abilities would be more useful.

17. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Just don't play it evil and be a hero(like some friends of mine that are CE and have a rep. of 20).

"I am the evil guy, but i'll help you Hendak, because I think slavery isn't a good thing", said the CE necromancer to Hendak :mad:

18. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

I don't see how evil characters have better stats than others. Besides, stats are just numbers; what makes the character is how you use them.

Although I do have to wonder how a CE character got a rep of 20. :hmm: I will have to ponder that one.

19. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG]
    Your main character can't leave the party for reputation reasons. Only NPC's do that.

20. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

I understand that. What I was wondering is how your friend's CE character (which I presumed by the post to be the main character) would get such a heroic reputation.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.