1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Drathir Darthirii, May 27, 2006.

1. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Those Cybermen the last two weeks were freaky, and it was really sad last week when Mickey stayed behind to prove to the Doctor that he wasn't the "tin dog". David Tennant is waaaaaay better than Christopher Eccleston - he's funnier. Does anyone else watch Doctor Who? What's happening on it tonight (if it's on)?

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I watched it on PBS in the states for years and the one season when CBC carried it (Eccleston). Unfortunately, CBC didn't pick it up again. :bad:

Do the Cybermen have 5 fingers yet? :lol:

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I watch it. It's really good, with some witty script and half decent acting. Tennant is really good as the doctor (considering his first job was a transvestite on Rab C Nesbit :p ) on par with Eccleston - not better or worse, though.

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I love Eccleston as the Doctor! I have to say, I really like the new series, especially the script writing - gone is the campiness of the Tom Baker days.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bring back William Hartnell! The Doctor is supposed to be OLD! :geezer:

6. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I personally preferred Eccleston to Tenant, mostly because Eccleston was so much more interesting, and less shrill. Tenant just seems like a watered-down comedy Eccleston.

Plus, Tenant stole my style.

And to be honest, the writing in this series has had it's shiny parts, but it's mostly been sub-par, with plenty of mushy crap like with that Cyberman: "Where's my husband? I'm cold..." pssh. Please.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cool, I stumbled upon an episode of the new Doctor Who last night and it was actually quite good. David Tennant was pretty Doctor-ish, although Billie Piper was a bit naff. It was a one-off episode about some werewolf trying to eat Queen Victoria. Brilliant. Do they still do those six part cliff hanger series? I saw a preview of next week’s episode and apparently he meets up with Sarah Jane and K9!! How cool is that?

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

AFAIK, it's only 2-parters such as a season finale and everything else is wrapped up in one episode.

Is there anywhere in Canada that this is being shown? CBC quit after Chris Eccleston left.

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What channal, Harbourboy? Please don't say it's sky or one of those things! Use to be on Prime last year, and loved it!

10. Harbourboy

Yeah, it's still on Prime, Rotku! Watch next week for Sarah Jane and K9!

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Don't get Prime here... Will have to get my parents to tape it and watch it during the holidays :)

12. Harbourboy

Dr Who rocked again this week. Brilliant.

13. Harbourboy

Ooh, Cybermen were on last night (well, parallel Earth versions of them anyway). This new Doctor Who rules. So glad it is back and it doesn't suck.

14. Harbourboy

Man, it was the final of Doctor Who last night. It was really sad! Poor old Rose.

I wonder if and when it will be back.

I wonder what a Doctor Who based DnD character would be like. Bard? Thief? Wizard?

15. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'd say bard, he wins his fight through a combanation of knowing absurd ammounts of infomation, and persuding people to do what he wants them to do.

The sci-fi channel just started showing the second season of the new doctor in the states, they just started the second season last week, and tomarrow night is the werewolf episode.

16. Harbourboy

Yeah, he would have astronomic intelligence and charisma. Maybe high constitution as well. But no strength or melee skills. Bard probably is right, because he mostly influences other people.

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    We're well behind, having just started watching the third episode of the David Tennant era. Loving it so far!

The actress who plays Cassandra - the skin-with-a-face - seems very familiar? Where do I know her from?

18. Harbourboy

Lady Cassandra, the bitchy trampoline, is voiced by Zoe Wanamaker, who has been in loads of things, such as:

- Madam Hooch in the Harry Potter movies
    - Tessa in Love Hurts
    - Susan in My Family

19. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

... and one of the twin sisters in the BBC adaption of Gormenghast.

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Madam Hooch! That's where I know her from! Thanks a million, Harbs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.