1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Double Wielder Backstab?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gholam High LvL Mage, Jul 10, 2001.

1. [​IMG] Can I backstab while double-wielding? Do I have the chance to make a double backstab?

2. Silvershade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

No, for as far as I know you can't backstab while you are using two weapons.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Backstabbing my way through BG-2 twice I never even felt tempted to try it. I prefer single weapon style, good strength and a good weapon (C'game-unballancing-Fury for example - *I* prefer daggers). When you kill most enemies with one stroke resulting in 85 to 120 damage at high level, why should you want to use one more weapon - while wasting three proficiency slots for two-weapon-style and loosing your chance of a critical hit at roll 19?

4. I just discovered that I can backstab while double-wielding. But I still don't know if I can make two hits...

5. Silvershade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

My apologies, I thought you can't.

*walks away in shame*

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Technically, I can't see why a thoef shouldn't be able to backstab while using 2 weapons, I suppose you just do backstab damage with one hand.... But have you ever seen a thief with a slot on 2-weapon style?

With 1 slot on 2 weapon style and one on dagger, the Off-hand thaco will be vbery bad, so indeed, I wouldn't even try it, thiefs should sneak and try to be fighters and use 2 weapons.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I agree - thiefs and kensais are probably the class that take tha best benefit from single weapon style (guess why).

And I also think that you only cause multiple damage with the fastest of your two weapons to prevent backstabbing to become too powerful (I can imagine people trying to wield Crom in the off hand and C'Fury in the main hand, trying to *backstabb* :rolleyes: ).

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 10, 2001).]

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Indeed, you backstab with the fastest weapon only, and when striking with the second weapon, the target already noticed you so you can't do backstab damage with that one.

9. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

This is what my thief is equiped with- now, if only my swashbuckler could backstab... :D

BTW, in SoA a pure thief can't use the Crom, IIRC. You'll have to get to ToB before you get that option.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Blasphemer!

Crom is for Viccy!

/me chains Bowie in Harmonium prison surrounded by guards all equipped with Cloak of Mirroring

:p :D

11. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

*Possible NPCs Spoiler...*
    Viccy? Sorry, I never saw her in my game. I did smell something cooking in the Gov. District, but my party was too busy trying to find a cure for Jaheira AND rescue Nalia while they were there, that I didn't stop to investigate. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.