1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yay Arabwel. Hayley rules. Her version of Kate Bush's classic Wuthering Heights is beyond belief.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I'd love to hear her duet with Josh Groban....

3. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

My bro has got us Iron Maiden tickets. :banana: I tried too, but couldn't get through, and had already lost hope. The only bummer with this is that I was supposed to get one for a friend of mine too and obviously that didn't happen. :(

4. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Hayley Westenra is great :) She has such a beautiful voice, everyone listen to her ! :p

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cool - I didn't know that all you foreign people liked Hayley as well. In New Zealand, we all remember when we first saw (and heard) her singing the national anthem at a rugby game when she was about 12. Now we just hope she doesn't turn into some sort of spoilt teen star who goes completely off the rails.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The dude that sang at the Closing Ceremonies should have been replaced with Josh Groban. Avril should have been replaced with Metallica, and Ricky Martin should have been shot, and then replaced with Guns N' Roses. :p :thumb:

Seriously though, that dude was really annoying...and the guy that butchered the Canadian National Anthem shouldn't have been given a microphone. :eek: :rolling:

7. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I present to you the greatest hour and sixteen minutes of music ever assembled:

Cats in the Cradle - Cat Stevens
    River of Dreams - Billy Joel
    The Lion Sleeps - The Tokens
    Help! - The Beatles
    Shelter From the Storm - Bob Dylan
    Pinball Wizard - The Who
    Experimental Film - TMBG
    Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
    Leroy Brown - Jim Croche
    You Don't Mess Around With Jim - Jim Croche
    Another Saturday Night - Cat Stevens
    Moonshadow - Cat Stevens
    Sorry - Gary Allan
    Wild World - Cat Stevens
    I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair - George Jones
    I'm Busted - Ray Charles
    If I Didn't Have You - Randy Travis
    Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
    Smooth - Santana and some other dudes
    Devil Woman - Marty Robbins
    Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
    Finally Friday - George Jones
    The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny - Lemon Demon

[ March 03, 2006, 01:28: Message edited by: Jhonka ]

8. Harbourboy

Hmm, Johnka, some of those songs actually are on my iPod Shuffle at the moment! Except I thought Cats in the Cradle was by Harry Chapin.

9. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"Eye of the tiger" is by Surviror.

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I think it's time to order the new Sepultura album :D

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I finally got my hands on Routasydän by Sentenced. I foresee it being on top of my playlist for a long while now :D

12. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

...How the hell did I put Journey on there? Thanks for spotting that, BOC :)

13. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

These past two weeks I've bought six cd's plus one for a Birthday present. It's so nice to have some money for a change.

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I can't wait for April 18th... Silent Civilian debut album... I hope its good.

And a new Terror album this June/July! Huzzah!

I haven't listened to music in a week. Well, no music that I want to listen to, at least.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oooh Stativarius is good Stuff, so is Guns and AC/DC, and Pépé et sa guitare

;) MuuUUusic!

16. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Good old Stratovarius. Timo Tolkki isn't broken anymore. If you like them, can I reccommend Freedom Call? Not exactly the same, but happy power metal all the same.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    @Jhonka: That playlist has *way* too many Cat Stevens songs :nono:

I've been listening to too much Megadeth lately... :rolling:

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

New Within Temptation album for Daie. I bought Mother Earth in HMV today, and am greatly enjoying.

19. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm going to the NHMF too! i'm going sunday to see dragonforce, and hypersolid. Hopefully Intoeternity is playing on sunday too but I'm not sure yet. I wish Arch Enemy was playing on sunday too, but im not paying 40$ to see one band :p

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I'm going on Friday and Saturday... Sunday usually isn't as good. Plus, Chimaira isn't headlining on Sunday.

For complete list of bands: http://www.metalandhardcorefestival.com/

I really want to see: A Perfect Murder, The Black Dahlia Murder, Since the Flood, Nodes of Ranvier, Remembering Never (apparently their new CD is awesome), Terror (i've seen them once, they were awesome), Sworn Enemy, and Between the Buried and Me. The rest, of course I'll see, but those are the ones I really want to see (and haven't seen yet).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.