1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why does Shaggy sing in a duck voice?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Dice, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    For some reason I was thinking about Shaggy a little while ago so I decided he might make an interesting topic.

My opinion of him? I like a few of his songs.-The catchy ones - but overall he seems to have a very arrogant personality and he sings in a duck voice. Why's that?

[ December 15, 2005, 17:26: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To make himself stand out from the other Caribbean-sounding singers.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31

:confused: I presume that you are talking about some real singer and not Scooby Doo's pal.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Since when did Shaggy sing? Do you mean the cartoon Kasey Kasem Shaggy or the movie Matthew Lillard Shaggy?

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

6. Dice

Media:
    :lol: YES! That Shaggy. I'm surprised you guys haven't heard of him.

7. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I consider them lucky :p :shake:

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, I went to that link but I'm still no wiser as to who he is, other than that he does not look much like the guy from Scooby Doo, other than the little beard. Also, he doesn't look very "shaggy" to me. I expect if someone is going to call themselves shaggy, then I expect them to look "shaggy" (maybe a bit like Hagrid from Harry Potter).

9. Dice

Media:
  10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Simply horrible, its impossible to listen to a pop radio station here, without being subjected to Shaggy!

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@HB - It's just a nickname, though after being in the military (marines, iirc), that 'little beard' would make him shaggy. :lol:

12. Dice

Media:
    You see! Arrogant with a duck voice. Am I right or what?

13. Harbourboy

Ohh, THAT sort of 'shaggy'... I see. ;)

14. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Why does Shaggy sing in a duck voice?"

Same reason dogs lick their junk...because they can. :heh:

15. Dice

Media:
    Do you think that Shaggy gets the same kind of pleasure out of his singing as the little doggies get out of their activities?

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ida know...but I'm not sniffing Shaggy's butt to find out. :nono:

17. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Is the same as asking why Enrique Iglesias sings like he's having an orgasm; or why Beastie Boys scream so loud to rap...

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He sings like that to stand out ... and make money.

19. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

It's a jamaican thing called toasting, kinda like rapping. The DJ's at parties used to toast over the music they were playing and it developed from there.

... or what Death Rabbit said. :lol:

20. Dice

Media:
    Hey thanks for the answer Sticker! I wasn't actually expecting a serious answer but now I have one. You learn something new every day.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.