1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 6

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Splunge - you da man!!!!

Sorry that I don't know these lyrics, but if this thread ascends out of the metal chasm into which it has fallen, I for one will certainly post more in it.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

More lyrics:

"It's so 1990 but it's 1994
    Leave this world behind me
    Cause you don't want me anymore"

Hints: Pop song by Toronto, Canada band.

3. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Shoebox by the Bare Naked Ladies?

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yes. Your turn now.

5. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31

Lonely as I am,
    Together we cry

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge

7. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31

8. Mesmero

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
    'Cause I missed myself this year

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think it's Crosby Stills Nash & Young, almost cut my hair. Not certain, so I'll check my CD collection when I get home before posting a new lyric.

10. Mesmero

You don't have to check, 'cause you're correct.

Proceed when ready.

11. dmc

Media:
    Cool - 'cause I fell asleep early last night.

"Wipe away the tears
    Just close your eyes dear"

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I shouldn't really be posting here given my frequency of visits (or lack thereof), but I can't resist.

Sarah McLachlan - Possession

Since I'm 99% certain I'm right, here's the next one:

Maybe I’m mistaken expecting you to fight
    Or maybe I’m just crazy, I don’t know wrong from right

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hallelujah for Splunge. Here is a song I think I remember. It's Supertramp, isn't it? Don't know what the song is called, but it's the one that talks about the golden rule and going to school and not staying out late and wanting to "see it that way."

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    HB, you have the group, and the right song, but not the one-word title. Hint: in your post, you've actually named the song without realizing it.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Are you seriously going to make me go through my last post word by word to get the title? How about "Wanting"?

16. Splunge

Media:
    Hey, it's not me! The rules state you need to name the song. Maybe you should review those rules to further your "education" in this game. (That was intended to be a clever hint, not a snarky response. :p )

17. Harbourboy

"School"?

18. Splunge

Media:
    Yep. :)

19. Harbourboy

Yay.

"To you I'm a toy,
    but I could be the boy you adore
    if you'd just let me know"

20. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

Build Me Up Buttercup
    by Abba

heres a good one.

"Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam,
    Et lingua eius loquetur indicium.
    Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem,
    Quoniqm cum probates fuerit accipient coronam vitae.
    Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison
    O quam sancta, quam serena,
    quam benigma, quam amoena
    O castitatis lilium"

(it is a song)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.