1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nothing else matters cover

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by SleepleSS, Nov 10, 2005.

1. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Whiskey in the Jar was an awful cover of a traditional folk song. Worse was the video. James sings the song without feeling.

Call me narrow-minded, but rap is the only form of music that I really do hate. Even some techno music can be good if its done properly.

Has anyone heard Hayseed Dixies AC/DC tribute? Its really good.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If we want to discuss music that merits the suckyness designation in general, feel free to open another thread on it. ;)

[ November 17, 2005, 13:00: Message edited by: Beren ]

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I actually don't mind rap music. I like it more than metal. Metal gives me a headache and it all sounds the same after a bit. I'm not saying rap is any better, cause if I had my choice it'd be indie rock/punk.

But if I had to choose between rap and metal, I'm going with rap. Especially if it's Ludacris against Metalica.

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ludacris against Metalica? That's a hard one! If you said old Metalica vs. Ludacris I would go for Metalica but since Load I'm not that sure anymore...

I know of Ludacris song's that are better then any track on st. Anger...

5. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I just saw the video... man that's a very bad version; just like Alanis Morissette cover of Seal's Crazy. What happens? Is that artist run out of imagination?
    Why Alanis need to do a cover with the talent she has to make her own songs?
    I just can't stand covers, kind of Abba Teen.......

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.