1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ashlee Simpson

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What do you think of this girl?

I want to know if anyone actually believes her story that she had acid reflux on SNL.

Guilty Pleasure: Her newest song, Boyfriend. Very catchy and easy to remember the words for sing alongs ;) .

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:rolleyes: Bah, she knows nothing of acid reflux. My mother has VERY bad acid reflux, and she talks and sings (she's got a beautiful operatic voice) better than Ashlee or Jessica. All acid reflux does is roil up your stomach and give you gas. Now if Ashlee had belched on stage, then I'd believe her story. :lol:

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ashlee is just another rich brat who was able to buy her way into fame. I'd say she is 100% less annoying then her blonder-than-stupid sister, although I don't like either of them.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't like her. Then again, I don't like her father either. Any dad who tells people that his daughter's best asset are her t***... :nono:

Her getting caught with her pants down on SNL is very boo-hooing. :rolleyes: Now, if she'd come back on stage and tried to sing instead of running away like a 3 year old, she might've garnered a bit of respect. Like nobody else lip-syncs to their own songs.

5. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Bah, dont be a musician unless you're serious about it and your not already rich... Either be in a band or be a songwriter... and I KNOW she isnt a songwriter... Betcha she makes diddly squat on her songs as they probably aren't even her's... She just hires somebody to write them for her and give them 80% :D

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@ Feli
    Um, it also brings acid from the stomach into the mouth - mine would have a couple instances a week where after 'burping' I couldn't breathe for a few seconds with the acid making my throat spasm. I haven't had lingering problems from it tho - a swig of water and I'm back to normal.

So she may have had the actual reflux (mine was being caused by job stress), but that SHOULDN'T keep her from singing...oh wait, her LACK OF A FUNCTIONING RECORDING kept her from singing! :lol:

7. Newfie Banned

she's a twit...' nuff said.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I can't stand people who don't take music seriously. Now, you can be funny and still serious, such as Sublime, but Ashlee (spell your name like a normal person!) Simpson is just someone who should be working at Burger King, but it just so happens there were no openings, so she was talking to Kelly Osbourne on the Rich Daddy Wave and decided for a career in pop music. Bonerful.

Boyfriend has a cool riff, but makes me mini-throwup like I've got acid reflux. I saw her on Conan or Leno or something and she had on the dumbest outfit with 6 inch platforms. She couldn't even friggin move proper. She just kind of stood there and shuffled. Another thing that pisses me off... people who don't respect their music, or (aren't good) enough to dance on stage.

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

She was on Leno. I had nothing else to do, and decided to watch it. It made me want to throw up. I would have, had Conan not come on afterwards and saved me. She is awful.

One thing I don't agree with what people have been saying is that she doesnt need the money. True, she doesn't, but true musicians aren't in it for the money. They love the music, not the money. Obviously, cash is good, but they shouldn't get into it for the money. Rappers are in it for the money.

Now Ashlee, I doubt that she is in it for the love of music, but just to try and get as famous as her sister. IMO, they are both stupid beyond belief.

She should stop pretending to be a musician, or at least give her band some credit. Her group is just 'Ashlee Simpson'. That doesn't mention the band, who does more work than her (they play the music, and sing backup for a lot in 'boyfriend'). At least be called "Ashlee Simpson and the __________" Give them credit, you selfish b***h. And learn to sing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.