1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Firkraag

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Firespark, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Firespark Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok I kiled him! combining Cloudkill and every Elemental, monster , spell I could raise....then NO TREASURE.....whats happened?

2. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

There isn't _much_ treasure anyway (though what there is is pretty good) - are you sure you've checked right underneath where he was standing?
    Alternatively, you may have suffered from overkill - if, for example, you killed him using Disintegrate, it would destroy all items on him so you couldn't collect them afterwards. Of course, this really shouldn't destroy the sword he was standing over (the game treats this as being an item he was carrying so you can't get it without killing him), but would destroy his scales. I can't think off hand of the list of attacks which destroy items being carried, maybe someone else can.

3. DemoGorgon Guest

You can take his sword and his scales make good armor

4. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I usually have to use the TAB key to find the treasure after killing him - it doesn't show up easily on my screen.

5. Firespark Gems: 1/31

Tab....never used it...what does it do?

6. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] tab is a great feature that highlights any treasures/chests in the screen so you can find them easily.

but this is available only with the expansion installed.

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

it might be a bug caused by 3rd party stuff, only if you use any of such things though. I used SK once in a game, and later when I defeated Firkraag, he didn't have any treasure.

8. TGM Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Also, perhaps U used Cone of cold on him. I menaged to freeze another Dragon with it, and so all the treasure lost:(

9. KRaK6 Gems: 1/31

U mean u can actually kill Firkraag??!!!? I charged at him and in a matter of moments everybody had bin sent flying to the back of the room dead. All except Aerie (how the hell did she survive), who started whining 'Oh it hurts so much.'

After that i sorta got scared and left him alone.

10. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31

Instead of gloating over his carcass, go outside into the maze area, rest, come back and have a look. There should be something more visible. Alternatively, you can brighten your screen from your options menu, as well as adjust the contrast. Your computer screen might also have some built in monitor adjustments. If that doesn't work, use the techniques everyone has graciously provided and failing that, you probably cast a disintegrate spell and nuked his paltry treasure (for an ancient dragon). Yes, you can kill the bastard, just like anything else that moves in this game. Try the shadow dragon... if you thought firkraag was hard. My opinion of course, even though i think you get more xp for firkraag, i still didn't like that scrap i had with the shadow drag. I'm as amazed as you are that aerie survived. She is constant chunk threat.

11. TGM Gems: 5/31

If YOU protect yourself from Firkraag's firebreath, than you will eventually win the encounter. That is the key.

12. Arwen Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

KRaK6, why don't you come back later? I did that, and killing him was not a big deal at all... try spells, but from the point where he can't see you - eventually you will harm him enough to finish with weapons (of course, protection scrolls and potions are big help)

13. KangaxxJR Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Krak,

Another thing you can do to defeat the Red Dragon is to surround it with elemental summonings while he is still neutral, and position your mages a good distance away but within casting range. You can hide any thieves, bards, and druids in the corners if they can't contribute much to the battle. Have all your mages (at least 2)simultaneously cast "Lower Resistance" (will become hostile immediately after you lower his resistance) and just keep casting "Magic Missiles" afterwards until he dies. It's especially effective and deadly if you are using spell sequencers and triggers. The elementals should distract the dragon from attacking your spellcasters, just make sure to have elementals attacking from all sides so his Wing Buffet attack won't blow all of them across the room, leaving your mage completely open to attack. Hope that helps!

Kangaxx JR

14. Shaidar Haran Gems: 1/31

If you want to stand a chance against Firkraag at a lower level, you've got to attack him while he is still neutral. Or just cast cloudkill a few times in his general direction while he is still off the screen. It won't kill him, but it might knock his hitpoints down a little. I know its a cheap way to fight, but after you have to reload for the twentieth time trying to kill him some other way you won't care so much.

15. Skrynkelberg Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Heh! Once I killed him with just LOADS of cloudkill and death fog... pretty boring though. This time I'll try the hard way.

16. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Krak, run a search with 'Firkraag' as your keyword. You'll discover a couple hundred ways to kill him.

17. Caleb_Eveningfall Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If a wizard in your party has lower resistence this will work wonders against pretty much all the high lvl stuff in the game. 3 of those can lower as much as 90% of a person's magic resistence.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.