1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Sir Belisarius, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] This show gets better every week!!! They brought back the Pegasus too! I am really impressed with the writing, actors and FX! This is one of my favorite sci-fi shows since Farscape!

The Battlestar Pegasus made its appearance this weekend - it was cool to see! I also like the changes they made to Pegasus from the original tv show! Although Lloyd Bridges is hard to top as Commander Kane, the new BSG did a great job!

I forget the actresses name, but the woman that played Ensign Ro Laryn on ST:TNG plays ADMIRAL Kane, and she outranks Adama - creating all kinds of friction! It also appears that Kane has clamped down on the Pegasus to keep order, whereas, Adama has chosen a looser approach.

If you haven't been watching this series, you need to jump on the bandwagon! it's easily the best sci-fi on tv right now!!

What do you think?

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'll break down and ask: is it a remake or are these decendents of the original show? Haven't watched it as Starbuck being a woman is ultra freaky. :eek:

3. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    It's what they call "a reimagining" meaning the names are the same, but there are many differences.

4. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I can't belive I missed the season finale! I've been following the series since it began, and loving it, only to miss the frelling Pegasus!

Arrgh!

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I feel for you, Kam. It was a good episode, and the cliffhanger was huge!!

I can't imagine the Pegasus will be around for long...Or that Cane will be supreme commander. You've got to think Roslyn will just promote Adama considering all that he's done keeping the fleet together. We'll see...IN JANUARY!!! UGGH!!

6. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

God, the show just ROCKS!

I can't wait for the 2nd 1/2 of the season to start in January.

For those of you who missed some of the episodes this summer...the 10 episodes that aired this summer will be available on DVD in December. Plus, SciFi is re-running the episodes of season 2 on Friday nights at 10 starting this Friday. Check them out!

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I'd have to say, this is my favorite show. Great characters, plots, and special effects. Although, I never saw the original series, so I can't compare and complain.

The season finale was amazing!

and Llandon, there were only 8 episodes this summer season. 13 in the first, in case you were wondering.

8. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Actually there were 10 this summer

201 Scattered
    202 Valley of Darkness
    203 Fragged
    204 Resistance
    205 The Farm
    206 Home Pt. 1
    207 Home Pt. 2
    208 Final Cut
    209 Flight of the Phoenix
    210 Pegasus

Looks like you have missed 2 and have something to look forward to. Either that, or you are remembering the 2 2-part episodes (Scattered/Valley of darkness and Home 1 and 2) as single episodes.

I also gotta say that I watched the Scifi marathon a few weeks ago and caught Firefly for the 1st time. It was really good...so good in fact that I saw Serentiy and it was great!

9. Saber

Ah, there were ten! Wow, I guess i did miss some, or just miscounted... In any case, they were all good, especially Pegasus... damn them for making us wait until January!

10. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

So is it canned then or do they just do short seasons? i can't wait to see the second season :D

11. Saber

They just do short seasons... perhaps so we dont have to wait a full 6 or 7 months between seasons. Instead, we only have to wait 2 or 3.

Who knows...

12. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

They are doing 2 short seasons instead of 1 longer one. I think Scifi does this with the Stargate shows as well, but I'm not sure since they really haven't caught my interest. 10 episodes in the Summer, and then 10 more starting in January...which I really like b/c there are only a few months of down time between new episodes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.