1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's the fastest way to get 20k in chapter 2? nt

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by t4sK, Nov 8, 2000.

1. t4sK Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Adventure.

Nice language.

Syl...

3. anybodey_9901 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] sell those items that you don't need when you have them...through adventure

4. t4sK Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] What? Tits? Can't i say tits here?
    Some tits are nice, others aren't. And i just happened to look at some nice tits when i wrote the 'post'. I know it's a pretty lame one, but i'm just getting sick and tired of the stupid Imoen quest and i'd just like to know which quests would provide me with most profit ;)
    umm.. sorry again if offended anyone.
    Please tell me i did... and i'll see what i can do about it.

--t4sK

5. t4sK Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] a little self-nit..

dont tell me i did (hmm), just tell me IF i did... Boy.. do i feel...**

--t4sK

6. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

ooooooooooooooooooooookkk...

Do Renals quest in the docks.

7. Ciller Gems: 2/31

well.. let me lead this thread away from the realm of the whacked. A good way to make money is accept quests.. lots of side quests.. forget about imoen for awhile and just do quests like the circus tent, the d'arnese hold, umar hills, tradmeet, slavers, etc... and you will find yourself bathing in money and happy beyond compare!

Ciller

8. SaLtDoC Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Talk to the Lord in the Copper Cornet, he'll give u a quest. Its pretty cool, plus theres a dragon in it :)

Also speak to Nalia in the CC, she also has a pretty decent quest.

SaLtDoC

9. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Related question: Is there a certain action or sequence to get the Umar quest? I Heard/read you get it from Delon(or whatever his name is) at the city gates. But I've been in and out several times looking for him but so far haven't found him. I do have Minsc in the group (which I also heard is necessary) I've been to Trademeet, Windspear, the sewers, hacked up the liches and demilich (wow, was he bad). I wanted the Umar hills, mainly so I can get Valygar. Am I missing something obvious?

10. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Incorrect. Delon's encounter is purely random and is based on your timeline within the game. He will appear in any city district and usually will approach the party as you enter a new district. Don't waste your time searching for him. He'll find you.

Syl...

11. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thanks, Syl. I appreciate the response. I'm presently beating up on the Temple Dist slavelords before going back to the Rune mob (Shandalar & co) (Those guys are MUCH worse than the liches). Anyway, I'll stop running through the bridge area trying to find Delon!

Thanks again. :)

12. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I've found that he comes to you if you have Minsc in the party. If you don't have Minsc, you can find him in the Government District, outside of the COuncil of Six Building. You have to go over and talk to him. You can also accept a quest from the Cloaked Wizards, to hunt down Valgyar. You'll be approached by a man outside the Council building. That'll open Umar for you, too.

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For me (my character is an Archer) after talking to the thief who says I need to raise 20K to get them to help find Imoen (can't remember the guy's name) another thief came up to me and said that he heard I needed to raise some cash, and there's a kid looking for some help in the Government district. That's how I started the Umar Hills/Ranger stronghold quests.

14. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

You get around 15K from freeing alia's keep. And then you get a messenger telling youm to go see Galen, and Bodhi messenger arrives to, the price goes down to 15K gold for their help.

15. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The best way I've found to get the gold and experience at the same time is to do all the smaller and doable guests and Atlanka first. That will net you a lot of gold(sellign items, rewards, etc.) and a lot of exp. However, Trademeet is fairly easy and it gives you some nice stuff and a good amount of gold(14,500 from main quests) more quickly than running around doing a lot of quests in Atlanka.

16. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

actually i think that brus (gaelan's messenger), and valen (bodhi's messanger), both approach you (if your outside in athkatla)after you have gotten 15k.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.