1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sin City

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    In a word, this film is Cool ! (note the capital 'C'!)

Very stylish, brilliant scenes and really well directed. It helps that the women in it are absolutely bobby as well (Jessica Alba. All day.)

I recommend you watch it. Apart from being a little difficult to follow and boshing your head out a bit, it's an extremely entertaining watch.

A+

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i think JSBB and the others gave a positive review as well. i´m going to see it as soon as i get home. if its still showing that is.

3. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I saw this film and in one word. Amazing. i agree it was really well directed and i loved every second of it. Im gonna see it again this friday. Woo hoo.

4. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] @Enagonios,

Don't bother. Wait for the DVD to come out. The one shown locally is an edited version to make sure it was approved by the ratings board. :mad:

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I've just watched it and I like it very much:)

6. Arendil Gems: 6/31

Well, I have mixed thoughts...(minor spoilers...)

First (half) story was sometimes funny, and not neccesary when intended, I guess... ;) ...

Second was very good, although I was a little pissed off by this pseudo-religious babbling, but main character was great. Great, really dark atmosphere. Best part of film for me, and best character.

Third - sigh...this assasin was ridiculous...girly men or what ?...somewhere at this point I became a little tired of this film...but those girls are indeed, well... ;) ...

First, second part - good, but Willis is not in his best form.

Overall 6.5/10 - good, but could be much better. With few great moments.

[ June 19, 2005, 19:04: Message edited by: Arendil ]

7. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I burnt 4 copies of it for mates and they all enjoyed it as much as me, it was wicked! Am I right in thinking that there is going to be a second and third movie?

8. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Saw it yesterday, loved it. Brilliant.

10. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've seen it four times now, I love it.

11. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Its yet to be released in Australia, but due to the wonders of the interweb, I've had it for a while.

Best movie of the year, so far.

Clive Owen's part was by far my favourite. Really well put together movie in general, but this sold it for me.... He's wearing red chuck taylors :D

11.8/13.5

A resounding victory for Rodriguez.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Saw it yesterday - absolutely rocked.

13. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Yeah, the Owens part was very cool.

When Bruce Willis's character walks into the bar during his second part and the big guy that got electrocuted is there, it threw me for a second. Apart from that, no problem, apart from a little feeling that "You can't get shot that many times and not die!" although I know it's just a movie, and one based on cartoons at that.

EDIT: whoo. New gem.

14. Arendil Gems: 6/31

@Yirimyah - last part is not neccesary chronologically last one...this big guy got electrocuted *after* this scene in bar...

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Charlie

yeah, heard the same thing from some friends. I'm still waiting for a decent pirate copy before I see it :D

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

The way it was very 'comicish' was great (as in - people being shot but not dying unless it helped the plot) - added a unique style to it.

And I worship the gritty setting :) It's sometime I've been trying to emulate in RPs for a long time.

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Absolutely LOVED this film!

Had no trouble whatsoever following the time-jumps or anything like that, the only bad thing I can say is that after exiting the cineam I could not find a single person to bite the nose off of. ;)

For those who haven't heard, that last bit of sarcasm refers to a recent incident in Sydney (AFAIK) where two movie-goers got into an argument reportedly over whether or not the film's violence made good viewing and one 'gentleman' bit the other's nose off.

In all seriousness, I'm going to have to see this a few more times while it's showing.

18. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just checked it today. It was a good movie, definitely. Different and well made. But it doesn't beat Batman Begins. ;)

Definitely worth the watch. To me it was a bit simple, and the 'plot' wasn't anything great (won't spoil, but those who've seen it probably know what I mean). But the style and the characters made it good. In a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give it 8.

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

:rolleyes: Sin City is being released on DVD here on the 16th but, naturally these days, there is going to be a special edition that will be released before Christmas that will include an expanded version that adds back the scenes from the graphic novels that didn't make it into the theatrical cut.

It really annoys me how you have to check every time someone releases a DVD to be sure that a better version isn't going to be released a few months later.

To add insult to injury, the initial release is going to come in four different collecters covers so naturally there will be some *contemplates a nice way of saying this and gives up* nuts who will buy all four covers and then snap up the special edition too.

20. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I purchased the cookie cutter version and I'll buy the special edition.

I loved it. It was amazing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.