1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Trek: Enterprise

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Sir Belisarius, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Saw the last episode tonight. Total crap.

They really had the opportunity to write a great show with Enterprise. I doubt they could have done a worse job.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I agree. I definitely got the feeling that just wanted to wrap it up, they didn't really care what they did...The whole arc with Peter Weller was a meaningless waste of time.

The finale was even worse. Totally pointless episode. It didn't advance the Star Trek story, it just wasted more time.

I looked at the ratings for Enterprise over the last 4 years, do you know where the ratings plummeted? With the expansion of the Temporal Cold War and the Xindi. I'm telling you, Berman wanted to put his mark on the Trek franchise with that stupid waste of time story about an alien race thats never been mentioned in any other Trek show. And the fans cringed and stopped watching.

I was hoping the last 4 episodes would have better fleshed out the early days of the Federation, but they barely scratched it. And to end the show by bringing in characters from TNG was just disgraceful!!

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hm. I liked the last episodes; though I wouldn't say they were spectacular, I wouldn't say they were crap either.

The arc with Weller was typical old-school Trek that had an underlying message about society. I loved the irony of so many black people being high-level members of Earth Prime, hating alien races they've never even had the chance to interact with, just because they are different from them. And the hypocrisy of Weller's character preaching hatred for alien species when it is alien technology that has kept him alive.

The final episode I liked because I liked the Pegasus episode from TNG, and the tie-in with Riker trying to decide what to do about the Pegasus conspiracy by looking to the past was interesting. But I agree, the whole rescuing of Shran's daughter wasn't all that interesting, other than the fact that I like the relationship between Shran and Archer.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I liked the Pegasus episode too - I just didn't think the TNG crew had any place in the story of Archer and the NX-01. I got more nostalgic over the old TNG show than I did about Enterprise ending. Not what I was looking for in the finale. I watched it from the beginning, and I was hoping to see a cool ending to my investment of time.

The Terra Prime thing was little too obvious for my tastes. It also ended a little too quickly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.