1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Trek: Enterprise

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Sir Belisarius, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't believe they are cancelling this show!!!!! It's sad that a whole season and a half was wasted on that silly temporal cold war. So far all the episodes this season have been awesome, and tonight was by far the best!!

The episodes are from the mirror universe from the original Star Trek with the Terran Star Empire. Cmdr Archer (Cmdr. in the mirror universe) learned that the Tholians have found an earth ship from 100 years in the future and from an alternate universe (the trak universe we know and love!). And that's where it ended!

Only 3 episodes of Enterprise left and it looks like they definitely saved the best for last...I think I like this series as much as TNG! Too bad it died a premature death!

Is anyone else disappointed about the cancellation of this show?

2. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Honestly, I was more disapointed with the show itself.

Keeping in mind that I didn't see that much of it, (Didn't like how it started + changing time = lost interest), it just seemed so... tame. This was supposed to be the formative days of the Federation we all know and love. We should be seeing more of the reasons the Fed is the way it is. For me, the breaking point came when Archer, deciding not to meddle with some new culture, said that one day there would be rules about first contact, until then we should act like there are.

Excuse me? No, don't play it safe. Meddle to your little heart's content. Cause the extinction of some poor planet with your meddling. Give the Prime Directive a gut reason to be. This is the frontier, so where's the cowboy? Kirk was more of a cowboy then Archer. Heck,for that matter, so was Picard. And don't even get me started on Sisco.

Next, I would have liked to see real tech differances. Instead, we get a phaser with a new name, and replicators that aren't really differant. A transporter that's supposed to be bleeding edge holy crap, technology, and McCoy was more nervous around one then they were. I really imagined much more spartan conditions for one of humanity's first starships. OIn the plus side, I did like Archer's dog. It humanized him the same way Jake did for Sisco. Plus, dogs are cool. The British guy was cool too, evcen if he was always getting knocked out. Some security chief.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This was a fantastic series, and I am very disappointed it's going. I've liked every season.

And no replacement as far as I know. There's been at least one Trek series on for quite a while now.

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Yep, very dissappointed. It had its weaker moments, but it was still fun to watch. What I fear the most is that this might be the end to Star Trek. After the failure of this series, they might not want to make a new one. I'm still looking forward to when they start showing the last part of the season here in Holland.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've posted a thread on the cancellation some time ago, but anyway, it's pretty sad that they're canning Enterprise with no new series in sight. But apparently there's simply no interest whatsoever in Trek at Paramount any more (Bakula said that there are no Trek fans there in high places now), so all Trek will most likely die for several years, until a new top exec who happens to be a fan of Star Trek comes along. All the DVD releases and re-runs are making more than enough money for Paramount, so I guess they're just going to shelve making any new Trek indefinitely.

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Uggh! This last episode was really good too! I'm annoyed that they are cancelling this series. It has such promise and the cast is great! They finally start getting back to the classic Star Trek roots...and it ENDS!

TV marketing pukes suck!

7. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] No more Jolene Blalock? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG]
    That too...She and Linda Park are both pretty hot!

9. Charlie Gems: 14/31

I just saw the mirror universe episode. It was very interesting.

Right! Even Linda Park was hot in that episode. :love:

10. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The show should have been syndicated like TNG. Instead the morons at Paramount stuck it on their lame UPN. And I for one was glad to see that temperal war crap over and done with. Charlie, I doubt Jolene Blalock is going away. Someone will snatch her up. She's just too hot to let slip away. Let's just hope she doesn't do like Gerri Ryan and pick some loser show like Boston Public or whatever it was called.

11. Sir Goulum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Enterprise lost me after about the first season. Wasn't really that good, and turned me off Star Trek completely.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh. None of the Treks were all that good in their first season. When I see some of the first episodes of TNG, I'm amazed at the difference a few years of working together makes to the cast.

You should have stuck with it.

The thing I like a lot about Enterprise is that there was always a theme to the whole season, and even if there was a random episode thrown in, the theme was always there.

Also, I think Enterprise had the most stories that were split over multiple episodes. I really enjoy those because the story can be much better developed.

13. Sir Goulum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, I can't really say about anything pre-voyager, but the first season in that one at least kept me interested in it, and want to watch more. With Enterprise, I just wasn't pulled into it like the others.

14. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I thought the two biggest mistakes (and they probably doomed the show) were the Temporal Cold War and the 3rd season Xindi arc.

Star Trek had so many great alien species from the original series and TNG that they could have developed them more - like what they did with the Vulcans and Andorians. I like the foundation of the Federation stuff and what led to the hostility and outright war between the Federation and the Klingons. The Enterprise episodes that dealt with that always captured my interest more than the Temporal Cold War/Xindi crap.

These last two episodes in the Empire Universe were awesome! They even had a Gorn!!! If they had done this all along, I think this show would still be running...Sadly, we'll never know how good it could have been...

15. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    <shrug> I liked the temporal cold war and the Xindi episodes... Maybe I'm in the minority though.

I agree that more stuff dealing with the beginning of the Federation would have been nice. As it stands, there really wasn't that much in Enterprise that couldn't have been done in any other future time, so I see your point that they didn't make the best of what seemed to be the reason-to-be of Enterprise.

16. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I just got the impression that the Temporal COld WAr and Xindi stuff were the creative license of Rick Berman & Co after Roddenberry died. It didn't add anything new to the show orthe story IMHO. There were some good episodes from those stories, but overall I was left a little empty from them.

17. Charlie Gems: 14/31

Well I hope that they eventually make a new series.

Yes but her Vulcan character makes her all the more hotter. That wonderful body trapped in that logical mind. It's just not right.

18. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    It was always the ears that did it for me. I've seen non-Star Trek photos of her and I didn't think she was all that hot.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I kinda doubt she'd wear them for anyone outside of Star Trek. :D

20. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Now I remember. That show was pulled off pretty fast, iirc right after the first season.

It's definitely the ears. She doesn't look that hot without them :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.