1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The Guitar (but not political) Poll on SP

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Chandos the Red, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    It seems to me that SP has its share of guitar players. I've been playng a little more lately (see note)and it got me thinking about all the comments on BoM I've read regarding players on SP. I suspect there are some pretty heavy hitters, on this board, and my own setup (and playing) are probably pretty modest, but it works for me:

Contemporary Stratocaster 1986/MIJF
    Blues/Jazz fusion
    Influences: Steve Morse/Larry Carlton/Pat Metheny

*I'm more than a little burned out on politics, so I've been playing a bit more. And I've been watching less TV news, reading the political news less, staying less informed - [toned down the humor a bit, so as not to be offensive to anyone. And a heartfelt apology to anyone who believed the "politics" of this guitar poll was supposed to be serious in anyway].

[ February 25, 2005, 23:07: Message edited by: Chandos the Red ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Guitar Poll on SP (25 votes.)

Guitar Poll on SP (Choose 1)
    * My Guitar is My Friend - I Sleep with it, Eat with it, Talk to it.... - 36% (9)
    * I Play When I Have Time, Which I Have A Lot of These Days (did I mention I was a Democrat?) - 12% (3)
    * I Play when I'm Bored, or When a Girl Comes Over I Really Want to Impress (Did I mention I was a Republican?) - 0% (0)
    * Guitar? Drummers Are Musicians Too! See? (basically, I play something else) - 52% (13)

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Nice guitar, I have an Epiphone Flying V and an Ibanez RG - less expensive than your's.

I grew up listening to Irish folk so this will always be with me and influence my playing. My influences are various whistle and guitar players in the folk field as well as Finnish and Turkish rock/heavy metal players. I don't really like anything too typical these days!

3. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ibanez RG321 Mahogany, pretty good for a entry level guitar.

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I have several guitars, including a dobro, a Kohner, an ovation, a classical (no idea who makes it, but it's really quite expensive and sounds beautiful), a cheap stagg acoustic with a mahogany top (suprisingly good quality for £150) a yamaha Pacifica (my first guitar), a very old Vester guitar, a twelve string guitar, a banjo, a mandolin and my main guitar, which is an epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty, which is quite frankly, one of the best guitars I've played which includes american Strats. I play all of these through a one hundred watt Marshall amp. Unfortunately, it's only a transistor one, but I got it cheap :p

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Where's the poll response for "I don't have a musical bone in my body"?

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have a couple of guitars (two Ibanez electrics, a Yamaha 12 string acoustic, some piece of crap 6-string acoustic made by a company called Morris -- sentimental reasons to keep it as it was my first guitar, and a sweet little baby Taylor acoustic that's a travel guitar). Unfortunately, my playing time has dropped to exactly zero, and it doesn't look like it's going to jump any time soon.

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I like this thread. :)

Tassadar's rig:

Guitars:
    Jackson Performer PS-2
    ESP LTD M-200FM (Air Norton/Steve's Special pickups)

Amps:
    Peavey Rage
    Peavey Bandit 112
    Genz Benz El Diablo (going to sell)
    Engl Powerball

Cabs:
    Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12
    Genz Benz G-Flex 4x12

Pedals:
    Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor

Favourite setup live:
    ESP --> NS-2 --> Powerball --> GB 4x12 --> Mesa 2x12

8. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Interesting, there aren't any Republican guitar slingers on SP. Where's Ted Nugent when you need him?

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Could it be your poll was slightly slanted and the Republicans didn't fit in your stereotypes?

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

yeah I love the guitar

I own a Parker fly mojo and a bunch of Ibanez RG, acoustic, and bass guitars, Laney amp and cab, Peavey bass amp, Rocktron preamps and some recording stuff. I am into hard rock, funk and reggae.

edit: check out one of my favourite players, that is playing the guitar!

[ February 26, 2005, 14:28: Message edited by: Sarevok• ]

11. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have one of those basses.

12. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I have 2 acoustic ovations and an Ibanez Artist (1978) with a crappy crate tube amp.

Ted Nugent? Nah....I'm a Jerry Garcia fan.

But I am a gun owning, pot smoking, agnostic, Republican. :)

13. Chandos the Red

Media:
    I just replaced my old Crate amp with a Behringer V-Tone. For as cheap as it was it's a pretty darn good amp.

I agree, Jerry over Ted anyday. I knew someone who hunted with Ted. Last I heard he was into crossbows, instead of guns, or some such nonsense.

[ March 07, 2005, 05:39: Message edited by: Chandos the Red ]

14. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I have heard good things about these. How does it compare to a Line6 POD?

15. Chandos the Red

Media:
    I would go with the Line 6 (more power, celestion speakers over the Jensens). But be prepared to spend twice as much.

[ March 07, 2005, 03:03: Message edited by: Chandos the Red ]

16. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Currently in my possession: a Gibson Les Paul, a Fender bass (fretless), and (most frequently played) a Yamaha acoustic I've had for a decade. Most recent toy: behringer v-amp2.

17. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I have an electric but I have to say I know nothing about it!!

I have an acoustic (just an admira), I love playing this, acoustics have a lovely feel to them.

I have an old admira of mine, turned into a sort of electro-acoustic, I put a pickup in the bridge, works pretty well, and sounds quite nice.

I also have a 12 string, electro-acoustic, this thing sounds awesome without an amp, but if you plug it in it is one of the most fantastic sounds...needless to say it wasn't very expensive!

Most of my guitars are cheap, but half the magic comes from the way you play...treat your guitar right and it'll sound fantastic...but I'm acoustic all the way!

Edit: New Gem! YAY! :D Cheesey!
    Edit 2: This is My electric guitar, mines black though!

18. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I've got a Cort acoustic, a Yamaha piece-o electric, and an Ibanez 5-string bass.

19. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I've got an original Reghin 6-string cold guitar. Bet ya never heard of Reghin!

20. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have a '69 Gibson SG, a Epiphone Les Paul (custom maby?) and a Landola acoustic. My amp is a Marshall 2550 "Silver Jubilee" head through a Marshall 4x12 cabinet... well two of the speakers are broken so I guess it's a 2x12.

I know it's a cliché, but you can't get a better sound than a gibson through a marshall. You can't even mess up the sound, by tweaking the knobs you just get different degrees of exellence. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.