1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most hated actors

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 12, 2004.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Taking off from the favorite actor thread, please list your three most hated actors and actresses. They can't be bit players, they have to be at least "B" list stars. Basically, a good rule of thumb is that you won't see any move that they are in unless forced.

Here's mine:

Guys

Kevin Costner (hasn't been good since the FIRST baseball movie he was in -- James Earl Jones saved the second one)
    Keanu Reeves (he's always Ted and he's always terrible - I don't get it and never will)
    Woody Allen (dunno why, just never liked him)

Ladies

Julia Roberts (not a good actress, not pretty, not funny - 0 for 3)
    Meg Ryan (she just sets my teeth on edge for some reason)
    Geena Davis (I've seen a bunch of movies that she's in, but only because other people that I liked were in them -- I have no idea how she gets work)

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Ernest Borgnine. He really gets under my skin
    John Wayne. Likewise. Wont watch a film with him in, even if it's just a small part.

They're the only people that spring to mind. Everyone else I'll watch, so long as the movie is ok.

3. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Meg Ryan, and Julia Roberts, for the mentioned reasons. Keanu Reeves, for his total lack of ability. And Helena Bonham Carter, because she's the low point of one of my favorite movies, Fight Club.

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Arnold Scwatzewhatever.
    Keanu Reeves.

Julia Roberts
    Jennifer Lopez
    Britney Spears

I could mention even more, but it's late, and I'm tired.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

myself, i don'treally have any actor that I tend to avoid. it depends on the movie. but I'm surprised at how many people have listed "the one" :p

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Least favorite actors:

1) Kevin Costner - I actually appreciated his good intentions when it came to Dances with Wolves. But then came Waterworld, and the Postman. Ugh ...

2) Vin Diesel - The only performance of his I liked was in Pitch Black. Everything else is just too saturated with machismo and melodrama.

3) Jean Claude Van Damme - Pretty much the same thing.

4) Keanu Reeves - What can you say for an actor who's most inspired and promising performance was in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

5) Ben Affleck - Have a look below. I liked him in Chasing Amy. But I feel he's somehow been contaminated by the J Lo syndrome. Participating in grand flops doesn't help either.

Least favorite actresses:

1) Jennifer Lopez - Not really so much her acting, which I make a point of checking out as little as possible. I just detest the kind of person she is. She had that video about how despite her riches and success, she still hasn't forgotten her humble roots. Ironically, that video had her parading her luxury yacht, cars, jewels, and everything else non-stop. Do I sense a contradiction here? Then I hear anecdotes about how, for example, she wants an entire health club cleared out on 1 minute notice so that she can have a private workout all to herself. What a load of phony bull****.

2) Hilary Duff - I suppose we shouldn't be too harsh on the inexperienced, but hell, she should just stick to bubble-gum pop.

3) Elizabeth Berkeley - Showgirls pretty much says it, doesn't it?

4) Demi Moore - Combination of no acting talent and propensity towards melodrama. I have trouble understanding why anybody who was already established in Hollywood felt the need to compete with Ms. Berkeley (i.e. Striptease).

7. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Luke Wilson and Owen Wilson...

They are everywhere, yet have no talent. Reason enough to hate them IMO.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

Forgot to add these two:

Jim Carrey
    Adam Sandler

If I want childish humor, I can go talk with my classmates, thank you.

9. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Halle Berry - no talent at all
    John Wayne
    Ben Affleck
    ****tney Spears
    Vin Diesel
    Kate Hudson

10. Newfie Banned

John Travolta - Besides Pulp Fiction, he was just fat and bad. As soon as I see his name on a movie, I turn the other way.

Julia Roberts - Every girl talks about how pretty she is (which she isn't unless you like sticks and curly teeth) and I can't think of a good movie she was in.

Vin Diesel - Anyone who takes himself this serious is an a**hole.

Keanu Reeves - For being clueless.

Adam Sandler - Every movie since Happy Gilmore was plain boring. See Eddie Murphy.

Eddie Murphy - What happened to this guy? He was once hilarious.

Jim Carrey - Another comedian suffering from Eddie Murphy syndrome.

Kate Hudson - Look at me! I can't act but I'm cute.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well, I could probably think of quite a few that most people would agree are bad so I will stick to actors that other people think are good but I hate.

Actors

1) Tom Hanks - I dislike almost everything he has ever made and despise several of them. If I had to put together a list of what I felt were the worst films ever, Forrest Gump would easily to be at the top of the list.

2) Jim Carrey - I kind of liked The Mask but I have hated everything else that I have ever seen him in.

3) Tom Cruise - I don't know why I dislike him as much as I do. His acting is bland, I don't like most of the films he is in, and I find him the worst part of the films that he is in that I don't mind - but the same can be said for many other actors.

4) Adam Sandler, David Spade, Rob Schneider and Chris Farley. I watched on as these idiots killed everything good about Staurday Night Live and was not at all surprised to see the absolute rubish that they started turning out after they started making films.

Actresses

I tend not to have as strong positive or negative opinions of actresses - probably due to the limited roles they have to work with in the types of films I usually watch. Also, for those actresses whom I do dislike, I am rarely able to figure out what exactly it is that causes me to dislike them. Actually, only three names come to mind right now, although I'm sure I could come up with more if I really thought about it.

1) Meg Ryan - Like DMC, I don't know why but she just sets my teeth on edge too.

2) Winona Ryder - Don't know why.

3) Jamie Lee Curtis - Ham city. I really think this woman can't act. Most of her films that I have seen are bad and she is invariably the worst part of any film that she is in that actually manages to be good.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Tom Green yet....

13. Register Gems: 29/31

Will add Nicole Kidman and Demi Moore as well. Ugly and no talent is not a good combination.

Halle Berry is on my list as well.

14. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Richard Gere and Julia Roberts....
    Might as well add Madonna

15. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Tom Green!? :doh: How could I forget him. The psychological scars of Freddy got fingered still haunt me. That guy is less fun then an explosive bout of diarrhoea.

16. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Both Keanu Reeves and Kevin Costner are overrated. Mostly Keanu, since Kevin has done some nice performances (like Dances With Wolves, and that new western that he also directed...i think... :rolleyes: )

As for the ladies...hmmm...i think Julia Roberts is a good actress (at least in the romantic comedy genre), the only problem is that she is damn ugly and she plays beautiful characters. But let's get back to topic...damn...i can't remember any actress i hate. Whatever...

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, I'd have to agree with dmc on the guys he's posted except that The Untouchables alone saves Costner for me. I'd also add Tom Arnold, Rodney Dangerfield and Leslie Nielsen because their 'humour' is simply too gross and immature.

And I think all the female actors I avoid like the plague have been mentioned. Except Melanie Griffith. Oh yeah, and Barbra Streisand, the only good role Streisand ever had was as Mecha-Streisand on South Park

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Tom Green didn't make my list because (a) I stated that I was leaving off actors who most sane people dislike and (b) I avoid films with him in them like the plague. I have never actually watched a film in which he was one of the leads - and I intend to keep it that way. I may watch all kind of bad b-movies but even I have some standards.

19. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Mel Brooks - If he has anything to do with the movie, I refuse to watch it.
    Tom Cruise - I can sit through his movies, but I don't enjoy his acting. The movie might be good, its him that I dislike.
    Chris Kataan... actually, alot of the Saturday Night Live crew I dislike. There's a few from the old days that I can watch and enjoy.
    All of the old action movie stars. When they stopped the action movies and tried to do comedies etc. I can't stand it.

That'll do for now.

20. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

All of the above. Well done, folks.

Leave Winona out of it, though, will ya. She's a darling.

Worst of all is without a doubt Tom Hanks. Makes me shiver. I'll throw in Denzel Washington as well.

I'm just wondering why no one has mentioned Cameron Diaz. I'm on my fourth TV set now, because I kicked in the last three when I accidently saw her face on the screen. Pure Evil. Die, Cameron, Die!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.