1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Scariest movie...?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Lantus, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Simple. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen. I'm not sure about this one. Maybe The Ring, but i'm not sure.

2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'd say Ju-On (The Grudge), the Japanese version. I was too scared to watch even the trailer so I never really did watch the movie. :grin:

3. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Ringu (The Ring, Japanese Version). Its scarier than the Hollywood version, and they did it almost without special effects or make-up.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Birds. Watching it at midnight -- alone -- when a real bird hit the window. I thought I was going to need to change my shorts. :whoa:

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I would also go with Ringu. It was pure atmosphere rather than special effects and huge actors/actresses.

I might also include a black and white movie called 'The Spiral Staircase'

6. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Event horizon for me, and after that: Cube.

I wouldnt say they scared me, as I've never been scared by a movie. However, thosr two really creeped me the F*** out.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Of course a lot depends on where and when you see the movie. I am rarely scared by movies but two that creeped the hell out of me were:

The Blair Witch Project (because I had to walk home by myself past some woods late at night after leaving the cinema)

What Lies Beneath (because I was staying by myself in a house at the time)

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Talking of weird going homes. I'd just been to the cinema to watch Sleepy Hollow. On the way home, I passed someone wearing this really old school cowl. It was like they were straight out of the movie. That was creepy. Didnt have the same effect given the type of film Sleepy hollow is though.

9. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Event Horizon. I'm with Takara though - it was far more creepy than scary (but it certainly was creepy!).

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

The ring a mix of the american and the japanese version. They where both scary but togheter they are teryfying (SP)!

11. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I used to be quite scared of the big rat that the top witch in the movie "The witches", turned into. But not any longer.

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Barney Movie -- I still have nightmares....

13. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Eeep! I get nightmares even from just imagining it.

Barney ---> Alignment: Purple Evil
    (reading that, always makes me laugh, though)

14. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The Shining.

Stanley Kubrick did a masterful job creating an incredible atmosphere. The music, the acting, the cinematography, the stark cuts and transitions, everthing combined to create what is, in my opinion, the single best horror movie ever.

Close second would have to be Candyman. Except that it's not really that scary, but the magical, almost sureal feeling in the movie is great. It and the music really do a superb job of creating a strange feeling for the movie.

15. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The Eye (a movie made by Singorean investor, Malaysian actress and Hong Kong director)

This one particular scene where the actress was sitting beside a writting table, she heard someone shouting at her "why are in my seat?!" She looked around, and suddenly, a horrifying figure flying at the audience. That simple.

i was in a mall which has a video store showing latest arrivals. i knew this scene was coming, i knew what does the horrifying figure looks like, i stood there and waited for the scene. When the figure came flying at me, i was scared, broad day light, in a crowded mall.

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Well, the only movie that ever really scared me was Evil Dead which I only managed to sit through up until the pencil-in-the-ankle bit,but hey I WAS 12. But since then, nothing has even come close except perhaps Ringu. I't near impossible to actually scare me with a movie these days.

17. Lantus Gems: 11/31

The grudge. Dear me. I saw it not only just the other day (only cmae out her in Australia not long ago) and my gosh, i'm never getting my hopes up again. I hated it, absolute crap. That's all i have to say about that :)

Also, the Excorcist is pretty good (good=scary) me thinks, and the Ringu is alright. Didn't give me the same affect as the ring though.

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Alien, I have yet to see it. It scared the crap out of me when I was a kid and I have still to dare to watch it. This despite me loving Aliens and to a lesser extent Resurrection.

19. Lynadin Gems: 11/31

It must have been 10 years ago, when I first saw The Shining.

It really scared me to death like no other movie ...

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ringu, I third that. I hate scary movies, but this one is a classic.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.