1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greatest line a Superhero has ever muttered...

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Nizidramanii'yt, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Simply put, quote the greatest line a superhero ever said in a movie. Superhero here can be defined as movie protagonist or antagonist.

Mine is definately thé quote:

'Haku Macente!' (phonetically speaking)

from the motion picture The Mummy Returns, not that great a movie at all, but it feature indeed the greatest movie hero ever to grace the screen, the Scorpion King...

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    SPOON!

Alright, it's not from a movie. So sue me.

3. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

SPOILER AHEAD!

At the end of the movie "Dragonheart" (I nearly always cry then. It is so beautiful...and sad. I love dragons, and I love the stars, so this is twice as moving for me.):

Bowen: Without you Draco, where will we go, where do we turn?

Draco: To the stars Bowen, to the stars.

I also know another quote, but it is not from a movie. It is from a game, called "The Longest Journey". It is in a conversation between the main character April Ryan, and a mysterious guy called Cortez, I think.

"… The happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story."
    "But what if there isn't a happy ending at all?"
    "There are no happy endings, because nothing ends."

And that's all the quote I can think of right now.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "That's a spicy meatball!"

Jim Carrey, The Mask

...well, maybe not.

:p

5. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

:yot: Yeh, that dragonheart movie is *great*... Sean Connery is a genius, and the plot is good and and stuff... I've seen it a couple of times and I'll still reschedule most things to see it again.
    :borg:

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

imo, the best quote from the mummy was "Death is only the beginning". I thought Dragonheart was awesome too, the quote I remember most was:
    "Strike!"
    "You are my friend..."
    "Then, as my friend, STRIKE PLEASE!"
    hehe.
    but the most awesome movie quote from a superhero movie is from Batman. "Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

7. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

A superhero needs to make impact. And what better way to start a movie by a line uttered by the people's champion, the great one, the Brahma Bull, the Rock. So many nickname still can't catch the essence of his personality. In his greatest role ever, the Scorpion King, he ignites the audience like he always does, in a grand way.

Yes, Batman is a superhero out of comic and legend, but the Scorpion King is so very real.

(btw people I don't mean all this, just stating the obvious)

I'll say it another time, 'Haku Macente'!!!

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    "Just call me Darth Balls! Bong!!!"

Hey I think Chronic counts as a superhero. :grin:

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If I knew what Hack My Sentry meant it might be a reasonable quote. I wouldn't call the scorpion king very real (his animation really stunk).

I did like the squishing of the scorpions and spiders at the beginning of movie. :D

I'm looking forward to hearing "IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!"

10. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

:)

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    Oh, I just thought of one....

"Anything happens, my fault, your fault, nobody's fault and I'm gonna blow your head clean off."

John Wayne -- and yes, dammit, he was a superhero. :D

12. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

I think there was no hello. I mean, he is telling him he is gonna kill him. Would you say hello? ;)
    No offense meant.

I am still not sure. Is it supposed to mean anything? Does the mummy say that? Is it a sentence that is supposed to sound like ancient egyptian (remember, we don't know how they spoke, or even how they placed their vowels. Example: "Nefertiti" [english name for the wife of Echnaton, who was Amenophis the third, I think] is the same person as "Nofretete" [german name], while "Nefertari" is an entirely different person [wife of Ramses II]).
    Do you think I should look it up if it means anything? :D

13. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

Jazhara7: Yep, there is a "hello". He kept on repeating it while he was chasing after the 6 fingered man. He also said it the first time he uttered the line in the movie, talking to Westley (Cary Elwes) before they had a duel.

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Spider Man: You have a knack for getting in trouble.
    Mary Jane: You have a knack for saving my life. I think I have a superhero stalker.
    Spider Man: I was in the neighborhood.

Alright it's more a conversation then a line but It's one of the few good dialogs from Spiderman!

15. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

- Ash: Groovy.

- Demon: I'll swallow your soul, I'll swallow your soul, I'll swallow your soul!
    - Ash: Swallow THIS!

16. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

eveningdrive: Ah, okay. I have to watch that movie again. A big "Hurrah!" for Peter Falk (I want "Columbo" on DVD!)!

And another line, this time from DOGMA:

"Behold the Metatron, herald of the Almighty, voice of the one true God!
    Behold the Metatron, herald of the Almighty, voice of the one true God!
    Behold the Metatron, herald of the Almighty, voice of the one true God!"

...although the last line actually ends in a kind of spluttering noise, due to...um...fire extinction. :D

17. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

'Lo there do I see my father
    'Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers
    'Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning
    'Lo they do call to me
    They bid me take my place among them...
    ... in the halls of Valhalla...
    ... where the brave may live...
    ...forever.

~ 13th Warrior

(Just saw it again :D )

18. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

'Always some mother f***** tryin to iceskate uphill!'

~ Blade

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmmm, I have to say, that I would not really call very many of the quotees mentioned above as "superheroes". How on earth is The Scorpion King a superhero?

Now Superman is a superhero:

"All those things I can do. All those powers. And I couldn't even save him."

The Phantom is also a superhero and I know that, as a man of few words, he has some great quotes, but I can't remember any of them.

20. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Anything and everything uttered by Ash ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.