1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post your top 4 list in movies.

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Register, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The only reason there isn't a top-five list is because I don't have a top 5, only 4 movies I consider 'perfect'.

Keep in mind that I am an action and fantasy freak, but only two of these is in any of those categories.

4. The Lost Empire - A fantasy movie in the japanese mythology - Fantasy
    3. The Englishman who went up on a hill and down from a mountain - About a village in Wales that creates their own mountain - Drama/Comedy
    2. Deep Impact - Kind of like the movie Armaggeddon, but good and realistic - Drama/Action
    1. What Dreams May Come - A strange movie about a theory of the christian religion - Drama

[ October 24, 2004, 19:45: Message edited by: Caleb* ]

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    hmm... tough call. So many I've seen that deserve to be in there, from Gladiator through to Star wars. However, I'll shortlist the ones that affected me most (in a profound sense)

4. Alive - Drama about a plane crash in the Andes
    3. Empire of the sun - Drama about a boy seperated from his parents in shanghai, during WW2
    2. Glory - Drama about the black regiment raised during the american civil war
    1. Gattaca - struck a major chord, given my interest and field of biology. Amazing

3. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, I don't watch that many movies but here are my favorites by genre, story, meanings and setting (which I can remember right now):

4. The Last Samuri
    3. Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers
    2. Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring
    1. Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

1. The Omen
    2. Apocalypse now
    3. Cross of iron
    4. Seven

This was very tough indeed. I had to leave out of this list movies like Platoon, 2001: A space Odyssey, Silence of the lambs etc.

edit: stupid spelling mistake. Thanks Enagonios.

[ October 17, 2004, 14:53: Message edited by: BOC ]

5. notforyou Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Truly a tough one, only four? This is really off the top of my head and I will probably kick myself later for forgetting another film, but anyway:

4. The Big Lebowski - perfect comedy
    3. Bullitt - perfect cop-thriller
    2. Reservoir Dogs - perfect crime
    1. The Godfather I II (you'll let this slide, right?) - perfect everything

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

silence of the lamps? :D

1) The Last Samurai
    2) Gladiator
    3) Sixth Sense
    4) The Usual Suspects

Sixth Sense and Usual Suspects are there because they have the most amazing twists in movie history :) The Last Samurai and Gladiator are up there because I'm deeply affected by movies concerning honor and loyalty

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Allright here we go:

4:That's a hard one I think House of 1000 corpses can be on the 4th place. A Horror movie by Rob Zombie it's over the top and funny ;P

3: Cube--> It's a "horror" movie about a bunch of people trapped in a giant cube filled with little cubes. In some cubes are boobytraps, and they try to get ou alive. It trully rules!

2: Donnie Darko--> See the Donnie Darko Post on this board it explains all :p

1:LOTR The entire serie extended versions! It just rules!

8. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Hmm... difficult.

1. The Fellowship Of The Ring - I'd put all three, but this is my favourite of them

2. Blade - Nice and bloody, with katana asskickery ;)

3. The Count Of Monte Cristo - Just great ;)

4. 13th Warrior - I always enjoy watching it.

9. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Oh, blast my eyes, I just remembered some really good ones, I'll have to rearange my list:

4. Gladiator or Braveheart I just can't choose, (both fantastic movies)
    3. The Four Feathers (great story of courage)
    2. The Last Samuri (love the story and the character and the message and the music and everything!)
    1. Lord of The Rings (all count as one :D )

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

1. Star Wars (Episode IV: A New Hope)
    2. The Karate Kid
    3. Star Wars (Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)
    4. It's A Wonderful Life
    5. Star Wars (Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi)
    6. The Wizard of Oz
    7. Grease
    8. Forrest Gump
    9. Back to the Future
    10. The Fellowship of the Ring

The Lord of the Rings movies are far too recent to make it very high on my all-time list. Movies need to pass the 'test of time' before they can be really highly rated (i.e. some movies seem good when you first see them but when you see them again in a few years time they turn out be disappointing).

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

1. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Vinnie was brilliant
    2. Fight Club - How can't you enjoy it?
    3. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Liked it more than the others probably because of the Ents kicking ass.
    4. The Snatch - Vinnie again but funny as hell.

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

4. The Full Series - Lord of the Rings
    3. The Story of Us
    2. The 13th Warrior
    1. The Thomas Crown Affair

13. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

1. The Hunt for Red October
    2. Blade movies
    3. Gladiator
    4. Star Trek: First Contact

Gladiator is very good, even though its historically mush. i guess the ending wouldn't have had as great effect if Commodus died accuratly: stabbed in his bathtub by a slave. Still... an alternate deleted ending maybe?

14. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

1. The Patriot (highly underrated if you ask me)
    2. Gladiator
    3. Braveheart
    4. The Last of the Mohicans

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Which version of the Thomas Crown Affair?

Hmmm, with all this information, we could create an SP Movie Hall of Fame.....

Using my patented statistical analysis system, I have come up with the list of SP Favourite Movies (so far):

1. Fellowship of the Ring
    2. The Two Towers
    3. Gladiator
    4. The Return of the King
    5. Blade
    6. The Last Samurai
    7. 13th Warrior
    8. Braveheart

I think we need a few more entries before we can get a more statistically valid list..... there is a real theme of violent movies so far. :)

16. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Vengence Incarnate,

I was watching Last of the Mohicans a few months back, and I noticed that in one scene, someone is running past a rock and accidentally touches it and the rock moves. Unless the one you were talking about was made in the 50's or something. The one I saw was the crappiest ever.

Anyway, here's mine...

1) 13th Warrior
    2) Good Will Hunting
    3) Bad Boys 1,2
    4) Blue Streak

17. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hey Harbourboy, you could do a ranking sorted by genre...
    IMO: Action: Terminator 2
    Lethal Weapon (all series)
    The last of the Mohicans
    Comedy/humor: Grumpy Old Man (and secuel)
    Bad Taste (first Peter Jackson's movie)
    The naked truth
    Epic/sotoric/fantasy: Lord of the ring trilogy
    The last Samurai
    Braveheart

...and many more.

18. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My personal Top 4 was also very difficult to do right, too many great movies would have to be cut but this is the list I'm going with for now (in no particular order):

1) The Green Mile - fantastic film, extemely moving comment on the state of (and hate in) the world.
    2) I Am Sam - make me cry every time, even though I don't have the mental handicap (for lack of a more PC term) of Sam, it illustrates very well the struggle of myself as well as all non-resident fathers I know.
    3) The Last Samurai - a very moving story, great illustration of determintation and true heroism in the face of insurmountable odds
    4) Monsters Inc. - a perfect illustraion in parts of my struggle to see my eldest son and some of the obstacle s I've encountered. Never fails to bring a tear to my eye

19. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

1> Hero
    2> Aliens (Alien 2, for those who don't know)
    3> LoTR: FoTR
    4> Boondock Saints

And as I can easily come up with a fifth one, here it is:

5> Shrek 2

These all are fairly good examples of what kind of movies I like. Ask me the same question tomorrow and I would probably answer differently. These all are up there with the *best* for me though.

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Err, right now?

1. Kill Billl (Both of 'em)
    2. Once Upon a Time in Mexico
    3. Pirates of the Caribbean
    4. The Matrix

I agree with Foradasthar, thoughj; I am v. changeable.

And I really, really should see the 13th warrior again...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.