1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A multi fighter/cleric dwarf

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Zaragoth, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] What level spells will he be able to use, and what Thac0 will he get in the end? If I use X-Cap, will he improve with both classes and get all the spells and the ordinary fighter Thac0?
    thx // Zaragoth

2. Avooch Dar Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  3. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Thx Avooch!
    -----------
    Just one problem. It says that the file can´t be found. The link is broken. The world will fall apart. Well, it can´t be found at least :p

[This message has been edited by Zaragoth (edited August 19, 2001).]

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The link ain't broken - instead of HTML just put HTM.

5. Zaragoth Guest

ok, goody. But it doesn´t say what level spells I can´t use :p Anybody know?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  7. Zaragoth Guest

Thanks Tal! Just what I needed. :)
    -----------------------
    BTW, do you think that it´s worth losing those spells or should I just pplay as a pure Cleric?? thx!

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh, definitely. A fighter/cleric dwarf is a blast to play. And with the amount of levels you can gain in BG2 (and further ToB), you don't really lose much, except some time.

9. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Great, thanks. Umm.. Just one more thing... If I use the x-cap remover.. Will he get all the spells and full thac0?
    thx.

10. Taluntain

Media:
    I'm not sure what you mean by that... He'll get all the spells that are coming to him, depending on his WIS. I couldn't tell you about his thac0 though... Check SP for some guides dealing with this.

11. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] What I mean is, if he removes the xp cap - So that he can get to higher levels with both of the classes, will he get the THAC0 that a normal fighter would at level 19 or whenever fighters stop gaining levels, and would he get all the spells a pure cleric would get?Instead of getting the thac0 and the spells that a dwarven fighter/cleric would get otherwise when the levels stopped at 13/14 ?
    I don´t know why I´m having trouble explaining what I mean, but I think that I got it right this time.. :)
    Pls answer anyone. Thanks! //Zaragoth

12. Angel of Def Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

IIRC if you use the expcap remover the file will implant the 50-levels system. in other words, when you use it the game will use the D&D rules up to level 50. So you're character will progress further (lower thac0 and more spells etc.). But I don't know how it will affect if you'll play ToB with the same save game (cuz you'll get a lot of special abilities).

13. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

When You remove the XP-cap You can rise to any level possible. This means that You can get to rise to any levels possible. You will get levels just as if You play two single-classed characters in one. With ToB installed You get some bonusabilities on levels above 20.

A subnote: If You have 18 in wisdom You will get all the spell that a normal singleclass cleric can get. It just takes twice as much XP-ponts

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.