1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Order

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm opening this as a general discussion thread on a certain movie starring Heath Ledger, and including Peter Weller.

That aside, I must admit that I just couldn't understand what it was about. I have at least enough self-esteem to say that I'm not slow in the uptake, usually. But I had a hell of a time following what was going on here. Can anybody give me a rundown?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's generally accepted that this film (known as The Sin Eater in other countries) is an intelligble mess. Given that these are some of the same people who brought you the terrible "A Knight's Tale", it's not surprising.

The general plot to this is that this immortal dude is getting rich somehow by having dying people breath their sins into him before they die so they can go to heaven. If the film made more sense, then Chevalier could have a field day with this one arguing the finer points of deathbed repentance.

I would suggest that other people heed our advice and not waste any money on this drivel. Don't say we didn't warn you.

3. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

As I understood it; the Sin Eater is paid extremely well to take away the sins of people whose sins the Church refuses to pardon, thus allowing these people to go to heaven. Naturally; accumulating the sins of hundreds, maybe even thousands, of people makes the Sin Eater completely immortal until he finds a replacement. This replacement then takes on the Sin Eater's burden, thus allowing for him to die (and, as I gathered it, when a new Sin Eater takes on the burden; he takes on all of the sins taken by the previous Sin Eater. Thus allowing the previous Sin Eater to die and go to heaven).

Of course; I didn't figure any of this out until the last 15-20 minutes or so of the movie. Coincidentally; it was at about this time that I realized that the movie had absolutely no point and had been a complete and utter waste of my time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.