1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie Bloopers

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Istolil, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I just recently rented Hellboy and noticed that there was a huge goof in the movie that was very obvious and quite funny.

When he's in the sewers and entering the well lit room where we just saw Karl Kroenen (the clockwork assassin) his stone hand is on his left hand and not the right like it should be.He's also holding his gun in the wrong hand during the scene but in the next it's back to the way it should be.

Anyone else know of some hilarious goofs in recent movies and would like to point them out so we can all get a good laugh? :hmm:

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

In blade 1. there is a scene were Blade is given his serum, while Wistler holds his hand, then there are some noise and Wistler goes to see what it is. The camera then shifts to Blade, who somehow is still holding Wistlers hand.

3. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In Matrix Reloaded, during the highway chase, Morpheus puts a katana into the side of a truck, but when they showed the side where it was at, it was gone. He then later pulls the katana from the truck. (not exactly 'hilarious' like Istolil said, but still funny)

4. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Okay, I think I'll add bad scene cutting and stupid to the list. Anything that makes you go hmm...and wonder why no one else caught it. LOL

5. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

In Charlies's Angels when the Angels are fighting the "Creepy Thin Man," right before Drew Barrymore lifts up Lucy Liu to spin her around and kick the thin man, to get Lucy's attention, Drew hollers out "Lucy!" even though Lucy Liu's character's name is "Alex."

I just found this:
    http://www.moviemistakes.com
    Warning: Maybe you didn't watch some of the movies yet so be prepared for some spoilers.

[ August 03, 2004, 23:52: Message edited by: Sydax ]

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Would bloopers include unfathomable reasons for editing language? For example, some time ago I rented Domestic Disturbance (the John Travolta one about the son who witnesses his mum's new boyfriend murdering someone) and in the scene in the bedroom where the boyfriend confronts the kid, I could easily see the boyfriend's lips saying something like "You think I'm f***ing with you?" while the voice was dubbed to say "You think I'm messing with you?" What on earth is up with THAT? I'd have thought that by renting the video you wouldn't run into TV-level editing like that.

7. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A timely topic. I just watched "The Fast and the Furious" and I may be wrong but I saw this as a blooper.

In the four car race with Brian, Dominic, Eddie, and the dont know his name so i'll call him the Asian guy, Brian blows out his passenger side floor plate after using his second Nitris Oxide burst. But when he picks up Dominic to escape from the police, Dominic is sitting comfortably in the passenger seat with no problems.

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

In the first LOTR movie Gandalfs Ring did disapear and apear during his conversation with Saruman...

Weird!

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

In a movie called IIRC "Lost and Delirious", the one where Piper Perabo plays a lesbian student at a new school, at one point we see her lover (can't recall her name) sitting in front of a mirror doing her hair and Piper's sitting just over (I think) her right shoulder, then when we go to a wider shot of both of them but no mirror, Piper has strangely moved instantly.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

In braveheart in the first battle a guy gets killed twice. In the first arrow volley he gets an arrow and the same animation is showed in the second volley.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The best blooper I know was in the 5th or 6th Star Wars movie, in a scene with the big welcoming ceremony for the Emperor, if you looked real closely you saw some crewman walking into the screen, looking around and realizing he's on camera, he will then quickly get out of the view lol
    It was on a special release of the movie, I only saw it from hearsay and screenshots..

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, I quite like the one in A New Hope (As I remember) where the stormtrooper walks in and bashes his head against the ceiling :D

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

In Braveheart the Battle of Stirling isn't even fought on a bridge... Not really a blooper but such a disreguard for historical accuracy it might as well be considered as a severe blooper on the part of the writer.

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

In the first Lotr movie (fellowship) near the end when Boromir is shot with three arrows. The first arrow hits him, then the second arrow lands more or less the same place but the first has jumped up him. Can't remember if the third arrow is also messed up. Just watch this scene and remember where the previous arrow landed. Boromir is strong enough to move arrows but not just get rid of them lol?

In the second Lotr movi (two towers) when Gandalf (the white as he is now) strides across the room towards Theoden (sp?) in the close shots his staff is in a complete different position to the long shots that follow it.

Apparently in the first Matrix when Mr. Anderson (Neo) is being berated by his Boss for being late (again) the shots are messed up in relation to his head angle; i.e. in alternating shots his head is facing opposite directions (his boss isn't moving in the scene). This would mean that if you actually saw the scene from a fixed shot Neo would be shaking his head throughout the scene (hardly humble lol).

15. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I just watched Cradle Of Fear for about the 20th time and now I saw a big blooper!

When the owner of the Internet cafe unlockes his doors in the 4th story, there ar allready two people inside!

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

More an editing goof than anything I guess, but watching RotK in the cinema, I swear I saw lfashing lights as on aircraft wings during the lighting of the signal fires sequence.

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Wizard of Oz suicide legend is kind of a blooper.

Supposedly in old versions of the movie, you can see a silohette, of a person being hanged in the background. The three best theories on it, are:

1. An actor who didn't get cast in the movie, hanging himself.

2. A crewman, who was on a ladder, that was knocked over and he was hung up on a wire.

3. The directors daughter killing herself to get back at her father.

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Nope, there is not a hanging men in Wizard of Oz! It was a bird!

19. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What about in Star Wars: A new Hope, (It might have been Return Of The Jedi :confused: ) when the Death Star has been destroyed and you see the reaction from the crew of (I think it's Akbar's ship), if you listen real close you can here amidst the cheers someone shout "Die di**heads!" Great stuff.

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

In Die Hard, during the gun fight on the roof of the building McClane slides down a slide with his machine gun in one hand and then the next shot it's in the other hand

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.