1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

No! Legolas will not play James Bond...

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Oxymore, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I hadn't heard about Orlando being attached, but I had heard of Eric Bana, Hugh Jackman, Clive Owen and Russell Crowe being next in line.

IMO, Russ is too rough and hasn't really proven himself enough, Hugh may do okay but ti would be difficult for some to separate him from Wolverine. Even though he has certainly done a truckload of other great stuff, I think Bond and Wolverine are too high profile to be easily separated in some people's minds. Clive Owen - who? Can't asy I know that much about his work but from what I've heard, he'd do pretty well. Eric Bana would also be very good IMO as long as they get him in before doing another Hulk movie because that would likely have the same effect as doing 2 X-Men has in my mind for Hugh.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I thought Robbie Williams would do it... But I heard about Bloom to... Hmm I actually don't care as long as the finally make a GOOD Bond movie again. Although I loved the bad girl in the last one, what was her name?

4. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think Clive Owen is my favourite for the job at the moment.

If you don't know him, he is in King Arthur. He was also in Croupier which is a pretty good film. I don't know much more by him though.

5. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ouch...Bloom as Bond? Nuh uh! Couldn't work. The kid just isn't suave enough to pull off a Bond movie. Neither is Crowe.

And like Aldazar said; Jackman won't be able to get far enough away from Wolverine to be Bond.

And Eric Bana? I think the guy's a disgrace to the acting industry...so I *really* don't think he should try to step up.

I don't know who this Clive Owen guy is; so I can't really say anything about him...

Unfortunately I think that the job of trying to replace Pierce Brosnan is just too hard for anyone to do it successfully; the guy's just the perfect James Bond. I honestly think he's the best there's been. And they'd have to find some obscure but talented actor to replace him. I just can't think of any at the moment who could do the job.

6. MilanChe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG]
    Vin Diesel? :lol:

Hugh or Clive would be OK. Orlando is too big of a ***** to play Bond.

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

They could always use a computer generated image of bond, in this way they only need a voice artist... How about Les Smith? (Keyboardplayer ex-Ship Of Fools, ex-Cradle Of Filth, Anathema)

8. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

And Clive Owen it is!
    Found a picture.

http://www.hmss.com/owenbond.gif

I think I've seen him in a couple of english series, not sure thought. "The Man With The Red Tattoo"? Are they running out of ideas?

9. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

thank god they didnt choose bloom ... they'd rape the 007 franchise.

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

it's like a 3-1 chance for Christian Bale to play bond (2-1 for Hugh Jackman). Bond is supposed to be played a british actor.

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Just like the Bond theme is supposed to be performed by a British singer/band. At least, it once was.

12. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Bond is meant to be played by a British actor... yet Sean Connery was Scottish, Timothy Dalton was an Australian, Hugh Jackman (Aussie) and Eric Bana (Aussie)... I don't see the connection.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Exactly Baezelbub. And imo connery was the best bond ever. Bar none. Hell, as an old man he totally dominated action films like "The Rock", how many more "action stars" can claim the same?

but Hugh Jackman wouldve gotten my vote. Just shave the stubble and fix his hair and he'd have it down pat. We know he can play a smooth womanizer (Someone like you)

14. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Clive Owen

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Clive Owen suits the role very well but the poor bastard has big shoes to fill.

Jackman could have played a decent bond despite his role as Wolveriene.

I'm surprised I didn't see Eric Bana (Hector in Troy) listed as a possible. He's got the look and after seeing him in Troy you can't call him a bad actor.

16. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Scotland is part of Britain, Timothy Dalton is Welsh (I think) and Australia is part of the British Empire (though I think George Lazenby lied and said he was British)

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

actually, according to aldazar, he was.

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

My mistake...

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Yes, Dalton is Welsh, and Lazenby is famous for being the only Aussie Bond so far.

But, like Scotland being part of Britain, isn't Wales part of Britain as well? So that would excuse Dalton. Anyway, Brosnan is Irish rather than British...

So I guess they've still got their Britishness of Bond intact with Clive Owen on board. Should be interesting, though I'll be sorry to see Brosnan hang up the suit, I've always thought he was born to play Bond and would have liked to see him make a few more Bond films.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yea, he made a pretty good bond but you could already see in the last one (Die Another Day, which was pretty good imo) that he was getting kinda old for it already.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.