1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you shed a tear during a good movie?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jaguar, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I cried at the end of Saving Private Ryan when the Jewish guy is stabbed, I cried- no I was SOBBING - at the end of K-pax, I got misty-eyed in RotK when Pippin was singing and Faramir was riding out, and I cried at various other movies.

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I've never cried in a movie, but I've come close a few times.

1. The end of Band of Brothers

2. The end of ROTK

3. The end of Green Mile.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Oh I get upset quite easily i think.

The end of band of brothers was sad

Alot of theme music gets me as I watch a movie as well lol.

Movie wise, I've shed a few tears to

Lord of the Rings I,II & III!

Armegedon (sp)

Various other films i can't quite remember as well

Transformers the Movie where Octumus Prime dies ... of course i was only a little blighter then lol

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    A.I. made me cry at the end. I was very surprised because I was expecting a kitchy disney-type movie when I rented it and it was very different from what I was expecting. I saw it well over a year ago and some of the parts are still very vivid to me.

5. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The scenes that caused me misty eyes are:
    1. The death of Elias in "Platoon".
    2. The final charge in "Glory".
    3. In "Braveheart" when Bruce says "You bled with Wallace, now bleed with me".

Also, I was crying of laughter in "Titatic" because all the women in the cinema were crying.

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Watched Forrest Gump a couple of nights ago on TV and got a bit misty eyed here and there until Jenny tells Forrest he's a father. THEN I absolutely lost the plot.

7. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Well, a lot of movies make me sad. But I've cried a number of times... ;)

In Braveheart at the end, when the man yells "for Wallace!"

At the end of Man on the Moon...

At the end of Dancer in the Dark. Man, that movie is just too sad!

When I was a lot younger, I cried in Terminator 2! When Arnold goes in the melted metal thing at the end. I still don't know why the hell I cried, but oh well... :D

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Aw man! Such a sensitive fool I am... I get a soar throat thinking of all this. Yes, I do cry sometimes when watching movies. Most are already mentioned:

Forest Gump - When he sits down next to his boy to watch cartoons on telly.
    Saving Private Ryan - 'Please tell me I'm a good man.'
    Green Mile - Coffey without the sack over his head singing 'Heaven. I'm in heaven.'
    Conspiracy Theory - When she notices the Geronimo-button on her horse.

Some parts in Shawshank Redemption make me feel weird, not exactly sad, just special.

9. Advanced Simplicity Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I cried when wathcing RotK, when all the riders of Rohan stormed down into all the orcs assaulting Minas Tirith. It's such a glorius moment...

I always get emotional during prideful grand and glorius moments, heck I even got misty eyes when the president held his independence speach in Independence Day.

10. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Very sad moment: My girl (when... is an old movie but maybe someone still didn't watch it)
    I was 23 and I cried in Lionking.
    When Terminator rises his finger to John when his terminates himself in T2.
    Well, many times I was touched to tears. :cry:
    "Boys don't cry" says a The Cure song... but I'm a boy!

11. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm like Beren on this one. I had to go no, but believe me, at times I have been very, very close.

12. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Ive been misty eye'd during Gladiator, at the end when Russel Crowe's character dies

13. Heerscher Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I almost cried last night while watching the end of 'Requiem for a dream'. It's a movie that follows a couple of people while their lifes are being destructed by their severe drug addiction. It's very graphic and desturbing.

I don't expect ever to see a movie that will have more impact on me. Not only the ending of the movie made me feel sad, but really the whole movie. It's such a dark, grim, shocking and sad story. When the movie ended I sat almost for an hour feeling bad. Heck, I even had trouble sleeping that night. My housemates had warned me in advance for that effect and they were right.

14. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Heck yeah. Games, movies, relationships, whatever the heck gets too emotional for me. I've always been the type to easily feel immersed in an experience. I don't cry easily, not that I think it's any form of weakness to do so, I just don't. But I get misty-eyed all the time.

All of the LoTR movies, Pokémon 1 & 2 (2 had a real good music), I think even Moulin Rouge affected me in such a way.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

oh. my. god.

i thought i was the only one that cried to this ;)

i actually cry quite a bit when the characters are well presented. Take the ending of "Tombstone", when Val Kilmer is on his deathbed, but he kills Michael Biehn before his duel because he knows Kurt Russel cant handle him. Then a few scenes later he's on a hospital bed asking Kurt Russel to walk away: "Wyatt, don't watch me die" :( then Kurt Russel leaves a hand-made drawing/card with the title "My friend Doc Halliday". Cripes, I don't think I ever cried more at a movie :eek: hehe

also, and you guys may think this is funny :p but i had to suck it in at the end of FFX :eek: They should have stopped it with Tidus vanishing, Yuna's speech after totally destroyed the moment imo :mad:

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Yep. And am not ashamed to admit it.

The last few movies that have made me cry would have to be Pirates of the Caribbean (Every time I see it, I cry when Barbossa dies.... so sue me...) Billy Ellot (The scene where his father is willing to start working despite the strike to provide....) and Dancer in the Dark (The walk in the hallway before the psychedelic song thingy... )

What can I say, I get emotional over characters.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm moved by a movie sometimes, but I'm not really able to cry. If I were, however, I wouldn't be ashamed to admit it.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

word. reading through this thread I just saw so many other movies that I did cry at and forgot to mention :eek: old yeller, bambi, the lion king, etc. what can i say, i immerse myself in the story :p hehe most recently I ALMOST cried during Troy, when Hector was saying goodbye to everyone, especially his dad, because he knew he couldn't beat Achilles :( Hec-Tooooooooor!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.