1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll - Favourite Item?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Johnd Bhallspawn, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Johnd Bhallspawn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I think mine would have to be the Drow Full Plate +5 (it's too bad I can't use it after the underdark :()

2. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The Holy Reaver and the Vorpal blade are THE weapons. Also, a +3 katana is wonderful... :)

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Bag of Holding is pretty nice.

Ring of Regeneration is nice.

That's about all I know so far ;0

Syl...

4. nicksull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I love my Holy Avenger! Dispel, dispel, dispel!! And with Plate of Balduran, Helm of Glory, and an extra charisma point from a Baldur's Gate's Tome in BG1 I got one striking Paladin... too bad charisma doesn't effect item prices as in Icewind Dale.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Um, Charisma does effect item prices in IWD... I know, just played it yesterday and a paladin gets to pay 810gp for a plate mail while my mage char had the price set at 900... same goes for selling.

6. Darkmoon Gems: 3/31

I am rather fond of vecna's robe personally, maybe not the best item, but my favorte so far (I just left the underdark, dont remember which chapter I am on) If I can find an item to lower the ac on my kensai, that will definatly win for a favorite item though.

7. nicksull Gems: 3/31

as I said, "too bad Charisma doesn't affect price as in Icewind Dale"... which means that it DID effect prices in Icewind (I know, I played it) Only Reputation effects it here.

8. Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

trying to remember the name of that bow but its +2 to hit +4 damage, low speed and I can kill majority of stuff before it gets close to me.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sorry, my bad nicksull. Missed that AS in your text.

10. Wingfoot Guest

nicksull, Charisma does effect prices in BG2. prices went down when i put a Ring of Human Influence (which raises CHR to 18) on my leader. to be more specific, when i took off the ring (now a CHR. of 17) and entered a store, Chain Mail was 95 gold. when i put the ring back on and went back in, Chain Mail was 90 gold and just about all item prices dropped.

11. Jehovah Gems: 1/31

The BlackRazor ... thats my fav sword, long sword +3 ,15% chance to drain 4 leve, giving you some strenght 3 I think and 20 hp hehe, imunity to poison and disease.

12. nicksull Gems: 3/31

Thanks Wingfoot! When I log off I'll load BG2 and see what happens when I drop my Helm of Glory and Balduran Plate and make a purchase.

Man, just found that Celestial Katana... wish I had someone proficient in it.

13. Woo-Fu Gems: 1/31

that +5 2hander that is paladin specific. Once I had that, I went and grabbed Keldorn and then proceeding to open a can of whup-arse on those liches.

14. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm only in the Asylum now, but my personal favorite item so far, and the most useful, is the Ring of the Ram. Instant damage, great effect of throwing them across the room. I've used it to kill many of the tougher enemies, such as beholders, mages, and that one Tanar'ri.

15. Jadel Valerion Gems: 1/31

OO... anything that keeps me from and my friends dying in combat... (Which is pretty much everything) Ring of Human Influence is nice... sure did attract Aerie fast... though she was wearing it... Doh... And HEY! You're mean! You kept the Black Razor? Just cause he is in hell doesnt mean he's bad ya know! Bah!

[This message has been edited by Jadel Valerion (edited October 07, 2000).]

16. Gotrek45 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

So far, I like the Flail of Ages. So far it's the best weapon I've found, and my cavalier rocks with it...almost as much as Mazzy with her bow

17. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I have some pretty cool armor for a thief, but I don't have a straight one in my party that I could use it on. The Nights Gift +5. Still holding on to it.

Syl...

18. Themis Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] My Dwarven fighter/cleric REALLY likes his returning +3 hammer.
    Note: It is hard to make him happy -
    He doesn't admit it but I can tell !

19. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] the Amulet of Power has to my favorite so far. 5% magic resistance, can cast vocalize, and my favorite bonus; casting time is reduced by 1. i gave it to Nalia for now. she can rip off Magic Missle or Chromatic Orb in no time.

20. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

IIRC, that amulet has one more excellent ability: Negative plane protection. A F/M can go toe-to toe with vamps and not go down to level 1 in 10 seconds-I HATE it when that happens :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.