1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bion, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't think it would have been a dead giveaway....given that I have not even HEARD of that movie!

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, it is around 25 years old so that rather limits the number of people here who would have seen it. On the other hand, I have posted quotes from 70 year old films and they were guessed pretty quickly.

I think that the "I like to watch" quote would have clued me in to the film but I don't know if I would have remembered the title. It has been a long time since I saw it.

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

I wouldn't have remembered if you hadn't mentioned Peter Sellers :) (and television was a clue of course...)

Anyway, onwards:

'If that's a confession my arse is a banjo!

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's from "Just Cause;" saw it this weekend. It was the "arse" that gave it away, really.

Next up:

"Nice people don't live life. I don't wanna go through all my days being all sweet and polite and then realize, when I'm 80, that I'm just some nice dead person."

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Quite right, although a real giveaway would have been if I had spelled it 'arshe'.

As for your quote, I have no idea, and it seems nobody else has one either. Hint time?

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Okay, hint: The movie takes place at a well-known American university.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Skulls?

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sounds like Gossip to me, though I can't recall the university itself. that was a damn good movie, very well-made.

9. Harbourboy

Gossip?! Not another obscure dud!

How about some films that I've even heard of? I watch loads of films but I've never seen half the ones you guys go on about.

My research indicates that Gossip (if that is the answer) grossed the princely sum of $5m at the US box office in 2000 which is fair indication that not very many people have seen it.

Do you people live in the DVD bargain bin or something?

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dead Poets Society?

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    yep HB. :grin:

12. Death Rabbit

Media:
    It is Gossip, and it's actually not too bad of a movie at all. And my "bargain bin" is HBO. ;) The University was NYU, and Aldazar is up.

edit - and I don't give a rat's ass how much a movie grosses. I like what I like.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy must try harder......

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

"Obscure movie" my fat behind.

Methinks Harbourboy needs to watch more films. :p

How's this for a possibly non-obscure (hopefully) movie?

"Goddammit! All winter long I got to listen to him gripe about his bowling scores."

15. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Jimmy "Popeye" Doyle talking to the chemical guy in French Connection. If not then I quit.

16. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Its been two days so I'm going to throw out an easy one:

"I didn't *break* it, I was merely testing its durability, and I *placed* it in the woods cause it's made of wood and I wanted it to be near its family."

17. Harbourboy

I watched about a 100 movies at the cinema last year (so about 2 a week). Not sure if I want to be watching any 'more' than that, Aldazar! :)

That notwithstanding, dman18's 'easy one' is still beyond me.

18. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

yeah finaly one I think I know. It's Happy Gilmore right?

19. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I can confirm that Equester is correct. Go.

20. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

well saw this old movie some days ago, and this quote I just love. thise movie by the way, has the coolest laser pistols ever.

"I'm in command of 18 competitively selected super-fit physical specimens with an average age of 24.6 who have been locked up in hyperspace for 378 days. It would have served you right if he... they... oh go on, get out of here before I have you run out of the area under guard - and then I'll put more guards on the guards. "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.