1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite band/song flavour of the week

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Mystra's Chosen, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Whatever you've been listening to the past while. My favorite stuff right now is Bad Religion's old stuff, like What Can You Do?

Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards have a great song called "Wine and Roses". Great song.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I'm switching between Belle and Sebastion, and Afro Celt Sound System at the moment. Oh, and a bit of pink floyd. I can't put their music away.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The Show must go on - Queen

Classic song. Can never get tired of it

4. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ambient Breakbeat!! Gooo Aphex Twin!

5. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

As of lately, I've been rediscovering System of a down. Mainly due to hearing "Sugar" in a flash animation some time ago.

6. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Strangely enough, "Sweet Dreams" by Marilyn Manson ( :sick: ) has been echoing in my head for like two weeks...ever since I saw "Life as a House" (I didn't finish the movie though... :grr: )

7. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

The last couple of weeks I've been listening a lot the Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I have it in my CD-Rom player at the moment and I'm humming along...

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton, fits my mood this week... :(

9. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Dea Entendu by Brand New it's the only cd I have in my car right now.

10. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Nirvana's "In Utero" album. I even like this album more than their Nevermind and Unplugged albums.

Hey Mystra, Lars Frediriksen is from Rancid right?

11. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Neeraj, yes Lars is the guitar player for Rancid.

Mystra, did you hear the rumour abour Lars having Digenerative Disc Disorder in his spine?

12. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Neeraj... as Benny said, Lars is the second half of Rancid's frontline. Lars and Tim started a project band in 2001 called Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards (Tim produces while Lars is lead vocal/guitar).

Benny... (sorry for calling you that, but I'm too lazy to move my finger two inches to scroll down and read it) I have not heard any such rumour, and as it is not on either official web site (Rancid, Lars and the Bastards) I wouldn't put too much weight in it. Although they don't have a tour date yet, Lars and the Bastards are supposed to play the Warped Tour this summer, and AFAIK they have not cancelled. Doubt Lars would play with a Degenerative Disc Disorder (whatever that is).

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This week (or last few days), I've discovered an obsession with A Perfect Circle. Who can resist lyrics such as: 'Count bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums' ?

14. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

It's been a lot of Stratovarius, especially their early work, lately.

15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, currently living in my CD player is Everlast's first solo album, occasionally given a 4-minute break by Eamon's F*** it (I don't want you back). For the previous month or two though it was Matchbox 20's "More Than You Think You Are"

16. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I've been listening to the Grateful Dead for the last few days, especially "Sunshine Daydream," "Fire on the Mountain" and "The Wheel" - Deadheads unite!

17. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Just discovered a new guy who calls himself Tycho. His album The Science of Patterns only has four tracks (!) but man, are they GOLD!

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

My car holds the live registration of the last concert of 'Kane', a dutch rock band.

19. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] James Taylors Greatest Hits CD..... :eek:

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes DHB! You got it! I got James Taylor Quarted played all week. "Espionage". All covers from the 60's cult movies. Roarrr!

Any CD's of James Taylor you'd recommend?

Edit: Wait! I listened to some of his music, and it's different to what I listened to all week. :heh: This JT of yours is more like Mark Knopfler's 'Sailing to Philadelphia. IIRC, James Taylor had a duet with Mark on that CD... Also called 'Sailing to Philadelphia...

[ May 14, 2004, 14:02: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.