1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt Meeting

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Snat26, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Snat26 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Once i meet Drizzt once and i leave the sector can i find him again if i re-enter.

2. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

As long as you don't talk to him, he'll be there. When you first see him, he initiates a conversation and asks you to help him.

After you help him, don't talk to him. He'll stick around until you do.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Spoiler: Buy BG2 and you will find him again! ;)

4. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

*Spoiler*
    yes, if you find him again good luck...
    he he
    "...this is for me father, this is for me fathers father, and this is for me fathers, fathers father... ...Breunor has a very long lineage..."
    lol

that is a passage from streams of silver book 2 of the icewind dale trilogy

5. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

SPOILER***

when you have helped drizzt kill the gnolles get your thief to pick pocket drizzt and you get his scimita+3 frost brander

6. Meldethar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Man, not this "Pick pocketing drizzt" thing again! i thought that was over in the other discussion? Leave the Frickin Drow alone, what's he ever done to you?

--By Meldethar--
    --Super Huge Fan Of Drizzt--

7. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Pickpocket Drizzt? There are other ways...

O.K., I shouldn't have wrote that :aww:

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

You are right. Everybody is blinded by the good weapons (that spoil the whole gane) of Drizzt. They just think about themselves. But what would be left of the Forgotten Realms when Heroes would fight heroes, until there is one Hero left that killed all other heroes and has a super equipment? Heroes should work together tinstead ofd fighting each other, when 2 stupid scimitars are more important then a heroes life, you are just a lousy powergamer. I always advice them to read the Drizzt Chronicles, maybe then they get some respect and start to like drizzt, like you do. For no one became such a great hero after such start and never is costed a heroe so much perils to become a good aligned hero that was born in a very evil community.

9. Cog Primius Guest

yea...
    leave him go
    all i did was help him and then leaft him to go
    you can complete the game without his weapons
    you cowardly bastards

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Yeah, that's the right spirit! Who needs his weapons anyway!?! They only make the game too easy, find out how cool it is to play wthout these weapons! Only cowards kill colleague-heroes only for weapons. Real heroes don't need great weapons to win a fight!

11. davycop Gems: 3/31

Why should everyone roleplay an honourable hero? If someone wants to be an evil character who would kill to get that nice booty, then so what? Also, some like the challenge of trying to kill Drizzt. Not everyone gets into the roleplaying bit to same degree anyway. There's nothing wrong with powergaming if that's what you find fun.

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

When you are evil, I can understand that you want to kill Drizzt, however, then kill him in a straight fight and not with cowardly methods. Next when you kill him only for the challenge you really suck. When it costs a heroes life just to give you a challenge, you really don't have the right priorities. The whole game is abot playing your role and not: frag everything that isn't yours.

13. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Headbanger, you are a serious RPGer, unlike many here. A lot of people are powergamers and do not try to "get into the role". I wonder if it is the side effect of playing games like Doom or Quake that encourage the kind of behavior described here. Or perhaps a lack of playing pnp RPGs. There, the role is what it is about. Being the character, living the story.
    Some folks just want the best weapon so they can make the rest of the game easier (but won't lower the difficulty). I agree with you that it is possible to roleplay an evil character and try to take Drizzts weapons. But do it without resorting to cheese/cheat/exploitation.
    Or just play the games with whatever style you choose. You paid for them. Some people powergame, some people roleplay, some do both. It is nice that the BG series allows users to take either approach and still enjoy the game.

14. davycop Gems: 3/31

Headbanger, you take the game way too seriously :) I think the whole point to the game is to have fun. I find the notion of describing someone as cowardly because of what he/she does with a make-believe character in a computer game a bit silly. Maybe the person is roleplaying a cowardly or silly character but if so, it really shouldn't bother anybody else. As for priorities, it's not fair for you say what priorities are right or wrong for other people to take. You can only talk about your own priorities being so and so. Let others have their own priorities. It's a game we are talking about ... it's not a social problem involving real humans!

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Indeed, it's all about having fun. I noticed that role playinggives much more fun then the powergame method, because the game is a role-playing game and made to be funny when you do roleplaying. Powergamers can better play Quake 3, when it's all about killing and getting good items, play Quake 3 and you have much more fun.

With Drizzt his items the game is easy, many here still have to find out that playing a game a hard way is much funnier then to play with a too good aprty with too godo items that are gained in a wrogn way. SOme already know this. They even start 966666-solo games and have much fun with playing such a character :)

16. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Hmm the old conflict between roleplaying and powergaming, it seems. Baldur's Gate is a roleplaying game, I think you'll all agree, so play it as such. If you want to kill people without thought of conscience, moral, or roleplaying, get Quake 3. IMHO.

Hmm, I wonder, if the number drizzt threads in the BG1 forum isn't approaching the number of Kangaxx threads in the BG2 forum? :evil:

17. davycop Gems: 3/31

I suppose I do agree with that. I can understand how roleplaying would be a better experience than powergaming. Just like playing a game without a walkthough in front of you is a better experience than playing the game following a walkthrough. But I still like powergaming, especially for my main character! (though I only like playing RPGs, no diablos and first person shooters for me!) Perhaps after I run through my current game, I'll start with a new character with weak stats and roleplay all the way and see what it's like. I've never player PnP games so I'd like to know what is like to roleplay. There must be something in it if so many people here are so passionate about it!

[This message has been edited by davycop (edited October 31, 2001).]

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I'm glad you all agree with me. Davycop, you can use a walkthrough and still play your role well, so that's not a problem. Of course your main character can be very powerful, without being a powergamer. He is a hero AND a child of bhaal so of course he/she has great stats. But the most important of a real good hero is not his skills but a real good hero has a golden heart (and a real evil hero a black heart)

19. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There are many reasons which you can use to get D's equipment. I posted this before but I couldn't find it. Probably to old. If you are good. You can play any character that doesn't know who Drizzt is. Drow are evil so kill the drow. You can even use the earlier Viconia meeting as fuel for the fire. If you are neutral it is just a matter recognizing powerful items on him that could help you on your journey. Why shouldn't you have those sweet items? He needs 'help' taking out a gnoll fortress, whatever.Kill him for being weak. If you are evil, well, anything goes from there.

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Well, then you shouldn't be even more weaker then he would be in your opinion. For the kill him in a real fight, without running away so he get stuck at the other side of the lake etc. That is what I call weak.

And and saying: All Drows are evil is wrong. You know his alignment and don't come with bullshit like this to try to get a reason to kill Drizzt. All drows are easy is just as big nonsense as when you say: All Afghans are terrorists. Many drows are evil, but there are exceptions, and no one can just because the color of the skin.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.